Welcome to Thursday! I can’t believe how quickly this week has flown by. I’ve been so busy that I’ve barely even noticed the passage of time. It’s been a hard week, but with lots of things to make me smile.
This week, I love:
– Having my first driving lesson and doing really well. We started off going out to a private property to practice some basic steering techniques. Then I drove on a quiet road and by the end of the lesson I was driving on the busiest roads in town. I did make a few mistakes, but I’m so proud of the progress I made.
– Getting a call from my real estate agent to tell me that I’ve been approved to rent a gorgeous flat I applied for. I went to look at it on Monday and I just love it. It’s a really 60’s design, with two bedrooms, a huge kitchen and a little backyard. The best bit? I’m allowed to keep pets so Jelly and Ringo can come with me. I’m so relieved. Moving is going to be very difficult. Aside from all the normal stresses that come with moving house, I’m leaving behind the home where Ross and I lived together, which I thought was going to be my home for many years. That’s hard, but I’m trying to look at the positives. This will be the first time that I’ve ever lived on my own, and I’ll have the place all to myself which will be very exciting.
– Darrell Lea liquorice bites. Amazing.
– David Starkey’s series Monarchy. It’s a documentary series about the history of the English monarchy. I realise how dull and boring that sounds, but I found it fascinating.
– Getting a commission order in my etsy store. Yay money!
– John Lithgow. He’s awesome.
– Joking with my dad.
– Visiting the costume museum. It’s only three blocks from my house, and yet I haven’t been there in about ten years. I took myself for a jaunt on Saturday and it was so much fun. There was a collection of vintage racewear that was just gorgeous, as well as a massive (and intricately detailed) dollhouse. I had loads of fun.
– Gorgeous emails from friends.
– Ordering a pizza for myself and having enough leftovers to last for three more meals.
– Selling loads of my stuff on ebay. Gotta get ready for the move!
– Finally getting a decent night’s sleep after weeks of insomnia. Most night’s I’ve been getting around two or three hours sleep, but last night I got seven!
What do you love this week? Don’t be shy! Leave a comment telling me about all the things that made you smile this week.