I’m feeling very low at the moment, and it’s times like these where it pays to turn your mind to the things that you’re grateful for. So for today, I’m trying to think about the things I love, rather than the things I’ve lost.
This Thursday, I love:
– My family. They’ve been incredible these past few weeks, feeding me, mopping up my tears and taking me for trips to cheer me up. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family.
– My brother. I know I’ve mentioned my family already, but my brother has been exceptional. He’s listened to my fears, worries and grief and given some fantastic advice. He’s made me laugh and brought over Buster Keaton films for me to watch. I’m sometimes awed by the fantastic person that my brother has grown into.
-Jazzing up my old denim shorts. My favourite pair of Superman PJ pants ripped last week, so I salvaged a bit of the fabric to make cute pockets for my shorts. I can’t wait for it to be warm enough for me to wear these.
– Night-time phone calls from my oldest friend, day-time calls from my closest friend, emails from my online friends and visits from my cuddliest friend.
– Misfits. I adore that show.
-Cleaning out my things. It’s quite cathartic.
– Getting a makeover for a good cause.
– Coming home from work to find my cats sleeping butt-to-butt on the back of the couch.
– Lifeline. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say I probably wouldn’t be here writing this if it weren’t for the awesome people that work for this crisis line. It’s been a very rough couple of weeks, and I’ve made a few calls to them which have left me feeling supported.
-Beginning a huge crochet project.
– Finishing A Clash of Kings at long last.
– Long walks around the lake in the cold air.
– Warm slippers.
– This song. It always brings tears to my eyes, but I still love it.
– Home made chicken soup.
What about you sweet-pea? What are you loving this week? Even if you’re feeling low, give a gratitude list a shot. It might not help, but it certainly won’t hurt, so give it a crack.