Welcome to another Things I love Thursday! It’s been a really big week, so I’ve got a lot to write about.
This week, I love:
– The Hollywood Costume exhibit at ACMI in Melbourne. Ross and I took a trip to the city last weekend to see this exhibit and it was incredible. ACMI have a fantastic display of costumes from loads of awesome Hollywood movies. You know how obsessed I am with costumes and films, so you can imagine how excited I was. The costumes are all displayed on posed mannequins, which really helps to bring them to life. We spent ages strolling through the exhibit, marvelling at the costumes. Some of the highlights for me included:
– The costumes worn by the members of The Addams Family in Addams Family Values, particularly Morticia’s dress.
– Dorothy’s blue and white gingham dress from The Wizard of Oz
– Marilyn Monroe’s iconic white dress from The Seven Year Itch
– Cruella DeVil’s houndstooth suits from 101 Dalmatians
– The dress Meryl Street wore in A Series of Unfortunate Events
– Sweeny Todd’s costume.
– Scarlett O’Hara’s “curtain dress’ from Gone With The Wind
– The spectacular red robe worn by Gary Oldman in Dracula
It was all great, but those costumes in particular really took my breath away. Ross was really taken with the superhero costumes, which include Tobey Maguire’s Spiderman suit, Michelle Pfeiffer’s cat-woman suit and Christian Bale’s Batman suit. If you’re in Melbourne before the 18th of August, I highly recommend you check this exhibit out.
-These gorgeous prints that arrived for me from Megan Lara Art. They were late birthday presents from my parents and Ross. This Allonsy print was from Ross.
This one is called Just as Sane as I am, and it was my parent’s choice. I love them both. The art deco style is gorgeous and they’ve got so many beautiful hidden details. I’m planning on getting them framed and hanging them in my loungeroom.
– Parsnip gratin. So delicious.
– My changing work schedule. My work roster has been shuffled again, which means that I’m working a few longer days (which is not so great). But it also means that I get a day off every week, which is brilliant.
-These black cat earrings from Sisunyak. These were another birthday present from my parents, and I just love them. I’ve worn them at least ten times since they arrived, and I’ve gotten so many compliments every time. They’re so quirky and brilliant.
– Mad Men. I’m currently watching season 5 and it’s great.
What do you love this week, sweetheart? Leave your Things I Love Thursday list in the comments or send me a link to your own post.
I love Megan Lara’s art! I keep debating about buying the River one. Those earrings are soooo cute!
The River print is beautiful. I’m also in love with the Donna Noble one, and I might even save up and buy it for myself.
Mad Men woop woop, yayus!
Don Draper for the win! He’s such a sleaze, but I don’t even care.
I loved the ACMI exhibit. It was so great to see some of my favourite iconic outfits up close and even though I knew Marilyn’s waist was tiny I didn’t believe it was THAT tiny!
I know right? I was in awe. My ‘wow’ moment was realising how tall Audrey Hepburn was. Again, I knew she was tall, but it was a bit of a shock to see the mannequins towering over me.