Welcome to the first Things I love Thursday for July. I can’t believe that it’s already July (although I’m pretty sure that I say that every month). 2013 is just hurtling past. Well then, it’s clear I’ve got no time to waste, so let’s get down to it.
This week, I love:
– Forcing myself to take at least 20 minutes each day to do some tidying. My house is looking so much better for it.
– Getting crafty! This week I finished a tonne of crochet projects. I’m loving the fact that I’ve mastered enough crochet skills to be able to play around and be creative with my work. I no longer strictly need to stick to a pattern, and I’m at the point where I can design my own items. Like these Ninja Turtles hats.
Or this Lady Rainicorn scarf. They’re both up in my etsy store right now. I’ve got a huge list of geeky crochet projects planned out. I’m hoping to make a pair of Bebop and Rocksteady hats to go with my turtle beanies and a set of Princess Leia-inspired earmuffs. I’ve also got loads of ideas for some Harry Potter themed bits and bobs. I can’t wait to get started on them.
– Moisturizing my hands with rich lotion before I go to sleep and waking up with super soft hands.
– Chatting to my favourite Nun every time I go to church. I met her when I started preparing for my baptism, and she’s been so kind to me. She’s always up for a chat, and is really encouraging whenever I hit a rough patch.
-New Empire Records tees! These were a birthday gift from my parents (although Ross actually helped to pick them out) and I love them.
My old faithful Empire Records logo tee is starting to get a little thin. I’m thrilled to have these three to add to my collection. I’ve had to give my tee-shirt drawer a serious clear out to make room for them all.
– RuPaul’s Drag Race. I watched all of season 4 and I’m now on to season 5. My favourite drag queen won season 4, and I was so happy. In season 5, I’m rooting for Alaska Thunderfuck and Jinx Monsoon. I can’t wait to see how it ends!
– Surprise phone calls from my brother.
– Smelling Ross’s hair.
– Gin and Tonic.
– Feeling a bit blah, then drinking a couple of huge glasses of water and feeling a million times better.
– Flowy, floaty pyjama pants.
– My heater.
What do you love this week? Leave your Things I love Thursday list in the comments or send me a link to your own post.
OMG YOUR CROCHET IS WONDERFUL, LADY!!! !!! !!! I… I definitely GOTTA tidy more.
Thank you! I’m pretty proud of it.
I can’t believe it’s July, either 😮 One of my friends posted on Facebook yesterday ”there’s less than six months until 2014. Uh huh. Let THAT sink in!” C-r-a-z-y!
Your crochet projects blow my mind. HOW is it that possible to be so clever?!
Oh, I’m blushing now! You’re way too kind!
I don’t even want to think about how fast this year is flying by. I just can’t wrap my head around that right now.
Lady Rainicorn! I love it.
Thank you! I’m pretty proud of her.
I love the TMNT crochet beanies!
Thanks! I’m feeling pretty proud of them.