Howdy-hey! It’s Thursday and time to leap into another Things I Love Thursday list. I’m ready and rearing to go, so let’s get started!
This week I love:
– Finally making the decision to read the Game of Thrones books. I’ve read the first one and I loved it. However I’ve been trying hard not to buy books, and it was going to take forever to get them from my local library. The wait list is astronomical! After the third season finished I realised that there was no way that I was going to be able to wait a whole year to find out what happened. So I bit the bullet and booked the series from the library. I can’t wait to begin reading them.
– Hiring somebody to take care of my lawns for me. I hate yardwork, and I’ve been a naughty girl and let the yard get way out of hand. I’ll do the mowing when it’s necessary, but lately it’s either been too wet to mow or I’ve been sick with migraines or I just don’t have enough daylight hours free to get it done. So I found someone who will do it for me. I did feel a bit lazy for paying someone to do a job that I’m perfectly capable of, but the the truth is that they’ll do a much better job than I ever could.
-Finally completing this granny square blanket. I’ve been working on it for six years. No joke! This is the first crochet project I ever worked on. It’s the project that my mother chose to use as an example when she began teaching me to crochet. When I got bored with it, I put it under my bed and forgot about it. I’ve moved this half-finished blanket to two different houses without working a single stitch on it! I decided that enough was enough and finished it off. It’s so warm and cosy, and the perfect size for spreading over your lap while you read or watch a movie.
– Home made burritos.
– Cleaning the whole house before I shower in the morning, so once I’m dressed all I have are fun things to look forward to.
– Horrible Histories. I’m a massive history nerd, and I’m particularly obsessed with the Tudor dynasty. One part of this time period that I’ve never quite been able to wrap my head around is The War of the Roses. It’s so complicated, and all the men are called either Henry, George, Edward or Richard so it’s really hard to keep them all straight. I began reading a fiction book set in this time period, and it became clear that I was going to need to understand The War of the Roses to get the story. Horrible Histories explained it in a way that I actually understood which was fantastic.
– Daphne flowers in a vase on my table.
– Waking up next to Ross.
What about you? What do you love this week?