Happy Thursday everyone! Today’s Things I Love Thursday is going to be a little different from the norm. The lovely Anouchka from Life of Bun tagged me in her Weird Scents post. In it, she asks what day-to-day scents make you smile. So today, I thought that Things I Love Thursday could have a bit of an olfactory theme.
This Thursday, I love the smell of:
– Baking bread. I made my own bread last week and the smell was incredible. My mother has worked at a bakery for as long as I can remember and when I was little I used to love hugging her when she got home from work because her clothes always smelled like fresh bread. Mmmm.
– My cat’s paws. Not only are they soft and cute, but they smell like corn chips. No joke! And there’s a scientific reason for it.
– A freshly-opened jar of coffee. I only drink instant coffee because brewed coffee gives me a headache. When you peel back the foil on a new jar, the smell is incredible. It fades really fast though, so I enjoy it while I can.
– Clean laundry. Such a fresh, comforting scent.
– Orange chewing gum. Ross loves orange-flavoured gum, so the smell of it always reminds me of him.
– A recently-extinguished candle or match.
– Asphalt on a hot day
– The fish and chip shop I pass on my way home from work each day. It always smells so delicious as I go past.
And some non-smelly things I love:
-My new vacuum cleaner. I bought this on sale last week when my other vacuum started to give up the ghost. It’s been losing suction for a while now, so I jumped at the chance to replace it. This one is so cute and purple! But aside from being gorgeous, this baby works like a dream. It picked up a disgusting amount of hair and dust on the first run. I’m a bit of a nerd when it comes to cleaning appliances, and I’m stoked that this one works so well.
– Looking forward to having a week off.
– Gorgeous emails from readers.
-Treating myself to a new pair of shoes for my birthday. I’ve been on the lookout for a really cute pair of casual trainers to replace my black converse sneakers. These ones are fantastic. They’re the classic Adidas shell-top sneakers with a gorgeous heart print. I love them.
– Hanging out with my brother.
– Going for long car trips in the rain with Ross.
What smells do you love?