Happy Thursday! It’s time to dive right in and rattle off my list of things that are making me happy this week. If you’d like, you’re welcome to join in by posting your own Things I Love Thursday list in the comments or on your own blog. If you do blog your list, please feel free to send me a link so that I can check it out!
This week, I love:
– The fact that my baptism is over. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted to be baptised, but the idea of getting up in front of my entire church was pretty intimidating. I’d started to have nightmares where I slipped over on the way to the font. Luckily though, it all went smoothly. It was a great experience and I’m so glad that I did it.
I’ve always wanted these but I’ve never bought them for myself because I’m trying hard not to buy any new books. (I have an insane number of books). I adore these though and I can’t wait to read them.
My favourite detail is this faux Hogwarts library stamp in the front. One of the books has annotations by Harry and Ron too, which is really awesome.
I did get quite a few beautiful presents for my baptism, but these were by far the most special present. These were from my Nana. They are a set of rosary beads made from Connemara marble, which is from Ireland. They belonged to my grandfather, who passed away two years ago.
The beads were given to my grandfather by his cousin, who bought them back from Ireland for him. My grandfather’s family was from Ireland. He actually owned two identical sets. However, one set was buried with him when he died. The other is now mine. Although I got so many special gifts, this is the one that I will treasure the most. I really wish that my grandfather had been there at my baptism, and it was so touching to be given one of his most special possessions to keep.
– Borrowing a pile of books from the library.
– Cuddling up with Ringo and Ross to watch Grease and drink red wine. Jelly wasn’t interested in joining us.
– Kinder Surprises. Ross bought a bunch of them as a mid-week treat, and it was so nostalgic to crack one open. The toys inside have gotten a bit lacklustre though. Ross got a weird tic-tac-toe game and I got a T-Rex that moves it’s head when you pull his tail. There were a few fights over that T-Rex.
-Making headway on my new year’s resolution for this month. I’m trying to get rid of all my junk. I’ve taken several bags to the op-shop and listed heaps more on ebay. The pile of stuff is getting smaller every day, which makes me very happy.
-New nail polish. Target recently started stocking this Sinful Colours range, and I couldn’t resist them. Now that Lent is over, I’m free to shop again. I bought eight polishes in two days, because they were on sale for $3.70 each. I got a whole rainbow of shades. I painted my nails the other night, and I’m really impressed with these polishes. They go on smoothly, they’re vibrant, they dry quickly and it only takes two coats to get full opacity. Pretty darn brilliant.
– Videos of kittens falling asleep.
– Having a board game evening with my brother and my father.
What’s making you smile this Thursday?