Hey internet buddies! It’s time for another installment of Things I Love Thursday, in which I talk about all the things I love this week. Let’s begin.
This week, I love:
– Amateur theatre. Ross and I went to see a production of Terry Pratchett’s Guards! Guards! on the weekend in Wangaratta, and it was totally brilliant. I was particularly taken with the actress who played The Librarian. She was smashing! (for those who aren’t familiar with Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series, The Librarian is an orangutan who used to be a man until he shape-shifted as the result of a magic spell. Brilliant).
– Pronouncing ‘theatre’ “Thee-ate-her” to sound posh.
– Sneaker boots and tights with hearts on them.
– The weather finally being cold enough for me to wear all the knitwear I bought in the middle of summer.
– Hot berry tea.
– Making progress on a tricky crochet project. I’m making a bed jacket for my nana, and the pattern I picked is way more complicated than I thought it would be. I’m managing pretty well though, I think.
– Making my very own Dining Passport. I always turn into a bit of a hermit in the colder months, and I thought that this would be an awesome way to coax me out of the house. Plus, I learned so much about all the eateries in my area while I was making it. Let me know if you’d like to hear a bit more about my dining adventures.
– The fact that my nana is out of hospital and safely at home. She had a bit of a rough patch last week, but she’s doing much better now.
– Realising that you’re reading the same book as a stranger, telling them so, and having an awesome conversation about your shared reading material.
– For Easter, Ross bought me the latest comic book in the Shanower and Young Oz series to add to my collection. I haven’t actually read it yet, but I can’t wait to finally crack it open. I adore the cover art on this one.
I bought Ross the Bluntman and Chronic comic book, because we are both such huge Jay and Silent Bob fans. Jay and Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie will be out later this year, and it features a lot of the characters from this comic. When I found out that Ross hadn’t read it, I just had to grab it for him.
– Mowing the lawn. So tiring, but so worth it when I see how lovely the yard looks when I’m done.
What do you love this week? If you’re feeling up to it, leave a comment with your very own Things I Love Thursday list.