Welcome to another edition of Things I Love Thursday. If you’re new here, every Thursday I make a list of all the things that I’m smiling about this week.
I have to warn you that this week’s TIlT list is kinda crochet-heavy.
This week, I love:
It’s really hard to take good pictures of Ringo. He tends to pull funny faces the moment I whip my camera out. I really like these pictures because he looks natural in them.
-The cooler weather. In a couple of weeks, I guarantee that I’m going to be whinging about how cold it is and how much I hate the chilly weather. For now though, I’m excited by the prospect of wearing all the new jumpers I bought during Summer. Also, I have a couple of things that I’ve crocheted that I’ll be able to use at long last. Like my rainbow bobble blanket.
– Home-made pizzas.
– Mad Men. I’m up to season 4 now, and it’s fantastic. I love that the era is starting to move into the mid-60’s, so the costumes are following suit. I’m in awe of the decor and outfits in that show.
– Speaking of vintage fashion, my mother was cleaning out a cupboard and she came across an awesome crochet book which she promptly gave to me. It used to belong to my nana, but Nan prefers knitting to crochet these days, so she was happy to let me have it.
I’m slightly annoyed by the fact that there is no publication date in the book, but judging by the patterns therein, I’d guess that it’s from the late 60’s or early 70’s. It’s binding is coming loose and a lot of the pages have come out, but I don’t care. Also, there are loads of other crochet patterns torn from magazines which my Nan has shoved between the pages.
There are quite a lot of things in the book that I am keen to make. I’m feeling a lot more confident with my crocheting skills now, and I’m ready to try some more adventurous projects.
I took a few pictures of the book to share with you.
I’m head over heels for this shawl. I’ll certainly be making one of these sometime soon.
– Getting up an hour earlier to read my book before breakfast.
– Cyndi Lauper. I’ve been reading her autobiography and it is so fascinating. She’s a really interesting person, and she’s lived a much harder life than I ever could have guessed.
– Disney’s Brave. How awesome is Princess Merida? Finally, a princess who can hold her own!
– Going sans-eyeliner for the first time in ages and loving it. I think I look heaps younger without it.
What do you love this week? Don’t be afraid to share. Don’t be afraid to let them show, your true colours, your true colours are beautiful like a rainbow (toldya I was on a Cyndi kick!)