Welcome to another Things I Love Thursday! Each Thursday I share a list of all the things that have made me feel happy or grateful during the week. If you’d like to join in by leaving a comment with your Things I Love Thursday list, that would be awesome. Also, if you do a weekly gratitude list on your own blog, please feel free to leave a link to it in the comments too. Sharing is caring!
This week, I love:
– Making small beginnings on massive projects. This month, my resolution is to begin fixing up my garden. The whole yard is horribly overgrown and there are weeds galore. I’m a complete gardening novice, so I don’t even know where to begin. Half of the time I don’t even know whether a plant is a weed or not! I’ve made a bit of a start though, doing a little bit of weeding and a little bit of mowing. Ross and I made a list of all the things that need to be done, and it’s pretty hefty. I’ve been finding the very idea of gardening overwhelming. I hate yard work with a passion, and it’s been so hot that I can’t work for more than fifteen minutes without feeling totally exhausted. Still, it’s nice to know that I’ve at least begun to tackle this massive project.
– Dinner with family.
– Outside time with Jellylorum. Both of our cats are normally indoor cats, but lately we’ve been letting Jelly outside occasionally. Last week, she snuck out while we were bringing the groceries in, and she came right back when I called her. I decided to let her spend a little bit of supervised time outdoors each day. She’s been pretty good, just exploring the yard and coming inside when she’s called. I’m happy to let her keep doing it unless she begins to stray outside our yard. Whenever she’s outdoors, she purrs so loudly and she has the happiest expression on her face. It’s adorable.
– Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen. I borrowed it from the library last week and read the entire thing in an afternoon.
The rain fell so quickly that the gutters and drains just couldn’t cope. I managed to get quite a few pictures of it, although they aren’t the best quality because it was getting dark when I took them. Within an hour though, all the water had drained away and everything was pretty much back to normal.
– Ugly Americans. I’m totally hooked on it. So inappropriate and so hilarious.
– Chunky cocktail rings
– Cleaning out my office. I went on a cleaning spree on Friday and my office is looking amazing. I put away so much stuff and got rid of piles of things that were just cluttering up the area. It’s so nice to have everything looking so organized and lovely.
– Getting flowers. For our anniversary, Ross personally delivered a bouquet of orchids to me at work. It was so sweet that I nearly melted behind the counter. I’ve only ever received flowers from him once before, so this was a lovely surprise.
What about you? What do you love this Thursday?