Today’s outfit is a bit of a hodge-podge. I started with these trousers, which I usually wear with pretty blouses or jumpers. I decided to mix things up completely and pair them with some tie-dye.
Then I saw this cape/vest thing and I thought, “Gee, it would be really fun to mix this print with the tye-dyed singlet”.
After that, I decided to throw caution to the wind and wear a pair of flatforms. I’ve been in flats since I hurt my ankle over a month ago, but it’s feeling much better so I decided to be daring and wear some chunky footwear.
Today I am wearing:
– Yellow batik scarf (handmade by me) in my hair
– Brown pucci print cape from The Mill Markets
– Purple and green tie-dyed tank top (thrifted)
– Brown pants (thrifted)
– Black flatforms from K Mart
– Beetle ring (gift from my parents)
– Red leopard print ring from Diva
– Amethyst ring
– Mona Lisa pendant (thrifted)
– Gold jewelled cuff (gift from my high school bestie)
This cape is so much fun to wear. I love the way that is swishes about when I move. Occasionally, I wrap it around myself and wear it as a dress, but lately I’ve really been into the cape thing.
Today’s makeup is a smudgy brown eye with a defined brow and glossy lips. Very summery and low-maintenance.
Accessories! I’m a total jewellery fiend (as if you couldn’t tell that by now). I just adore piling on funky, chunky pieces. I feel a bit naked if I don’t have at least three rings on at any given time.
My Mona Lisa pendant. I snaffled her from a trash-and-treasure market years ago. Here’s a fun fact for you: as a little girl, I was obsessed with Leonardo Da Vinci. I once made a diorama of the Louvre for my grade 1 end-of-year project. The night before I was due to take it to school, I had to throw a jumper over it because I felt as though The Mona Lisa’s eyes were watching me while I slept. Creepy.
Also, I got nominated for another Leibster award by My Special Agent. I’m not going to go through the whole shebang with the facts and the nominations, because you’ve heard it all before from me. I did think it might be cool to answer the 11 questions that were asked of me though:
1. Have you ever met anyone famous? (Even a teeny bit famous?)
Yes, many. I’ve met Terry Pratchett, Billy West, Nicholas Brendan, Chris Rankin (who played Percy Weasley in the Harry Potter films), The Sandman (an Aussie comedian), Tripod (an Aussie comedy band), The Scared Weird Little Guys (yet another Aussie band) and Ross Noble. I’ve been in the same room as (but haven’t actually met) Tom Felton, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I’ve also met a Johnny Depp impersonator that looks so much like Johnny Depp that it almost counts as meeting His Royal Gorgeousness himself. Seriously, I could barely even talk to him:
2. What is your favorite number and why?
I don’t really have one.
3. What kind of school did you go to (public/private/homeschool)?
I went to public schools for my entire education.
4. Do you have a, perhaps odd, possession that you keep for purely sentimental reasons? What is it?
I still have a pacifier from when I was a baby. It’s revolting, but I can’t bear to throw it away.
5. What is your favorite movie of all time?
I have two: The Wizard of Oz and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
6. What was your favorite vacation?
When I was sixteen, my family drove up to The Gold Coast for two weeks. We went to all the theme parks and it was fantastic.
7. If you could kick it with a fictional character for a day, who would you choose?
Luna Lovegood. I think we’d get along gangbusters.
8. What era in time would you most like to visit?
London in the 1960’s.
9. You only have time apply one cosmetic before you leave the house, what is it?
10. What are you reading right now?
Dear Laura, by Laura Hird and June Hird. It’s a collection of letters from a mother to her daughter, and it’s beautiful.
11. What are your hobbies?
Blogging, crocheting, reading, karaoke, watching cat videos on Youtube.