Welcome to the last day of February. I can’t get over the fact that I’ll be turning over yet another calendar page tomorrow morning. It’s crazy.
This week, I love”
– Summer. I feel a bit sad that it’s coming to an end because Summer is my favourite season. I love the hot days, the fresh fruit, sultry night-time walks, breezy outfits and sun-kissed hair.
– Ross. Yesterday was our nine-year anniversary. We have now officially been a couple for one third of my lifetime. It’s weird to think about it like that. I can’t remember what it feels like to not have Ross in my life. He’s been there for the entirety of my adult life, to celebrate my achievements and comfort me during difficult times. I can honestly say that, nine years later, I am still madly in love with him and I’m so proud to be his girlfriend. He’s awesome.
-Ross’s anniversary present to me was a set of Dethklok fridge magnets. I’ve wanted these for ages, and it was such a fun surprise to unwrap them. They’re made out of Hamabeads, so they’ve got this really cool, pixelated look about them. Even though he’s not my favourite, I think that the Pickles magnet is the most impressive:
– Movie anticipation. Oz The Great and Powerful is going to be released in Australia on March 7th, and I can’t wait to see it. I am a massive Wizard of Oz nerd, so I’m really looking forward to this film.
– Puppies! My friend Abbey just got a gorgeous little puppy named Indie that I’ve been cooing over for a whole week. She’s just so gorgeous.
-Crocheting. I’ve got quite a few projects on the go at the moment. I’m almost finished making a pair of bedsocks for myself, using this beautiful red yarn. I dug it out of the bargain bin at Spotlight a few weeks ago. It’s hard to tell, but the yarn is shot through with sparkling red threads. These are going to be my own (ultra-comfy) pair of ruby slippers! I bought a couple of balls of this yarn, so I’m going to make myself a snood out of the leftovers.
I’ve also been working hard on another bobble blanket. This one is for my Mum for her birthday. I chose shades of purple and blue because they’re my mum’s favourite colours. I can’t wait to finish it so that I can give it to her.
– Having a hot debate with Ross about which is the best Disney movie. I love so many of them, so it’s difficult to choose a favourite. In the end, I settled on Aladdin. In my opinion, it has the best soundtrack of all the Disney films. It’s funny, the story is exciting and I absolutely adore the genie. The Lion King is a close runner-up for me though.
– While we’re on the subject of Aladdin, I was rooting through an old pencil case last week when I unearthed these two Aladdin pencils. I got them as a prize at school when I was about eight. I seem to remember that I also had an Abu one, but I can’t seem to find it.
– Opening the freezer to find that my mum has sneakily placed a tub of very fancy ice cream in there. Yummo!
– Creature Type, which is a fantastic blog I’ve been following for a while. Her Big Book of Cats project is guaranteed to put a smile on your dial.
That’s all from me for now. I hope that the rest of the week goes smoothly for you, and that you’re treated to a truly spectacular weekend.
What do you love this Thursday?
Haha aww those fridge magnets. You guys fit together perfectly ;D
They were a nice surprise. He gave me a set of Harry Potter ones the other day too, which are just as awesome.
That kittie is so adorable!!!!! I have a question… please dont laugh cuz I really dont know… what is a snood? Kat
There’s no such thing as a stupid question, there are only stupid answers…
A snood is a vintage-style hair accessory. It’s essentially a hair-net that’s worn pinned to the back of the head. They became particularly popular in the 1940’s (although they’ve been around much longer than that) when women used them to protect their hair while they were working in factories. They look like this.
Ohhh okay! I’ve seen these before but never knew what they were called! Thank you 🙂 I think I shall be on the lookout for a snood. I love wearing scarves, bandanas, hats, chopsticks, hair sticks and all sorts of funky stuff in my hair or on my head. A snood would fit nicely into my collection! Yay!!!
If you’d ever like me to make one just for you, let me know. I’m sure we could work something out.
That would be amazing!!! I was looking at your etsy page last night. You’re really talented! I marked several things that look just my style. 🙂
No problem. If you drop me a message on my etsy page, and let me know if you have any preference for colour and style, I can begin working on it right away.