Is it just me or is it still weird to type 2013? Each time I type or write the date, I have to remind myself to put a “3” where the “2” used to be.
In spite of that oddness, I’ve had a brilliant time this week. Here are some of the things I’m grateful for.
This week, I love:
– My new work roster. On the one hand, it sucks because I no longer have a day off during the week to work on my blogging. On the upside, I now have several free afternoons, which is great because that’s when I’m the most productive. I’ve also been moved out of the stockroom and onto the store floor, which means no more heavy lifting. My back is grateful for this too.
-Walking into the lounge room first thing in the morning to find yarn strewn all over the place. Ringo had decided to ‘help’ with my crocheting by unravelling the ball of yarn (and some of my work). It was too cute for me to stay mad at him.
– Lovely house guests. One of Ross’s mates came to stay on the weekend, and it was so much fun. I don’t know that I’ve ever had a more polite house guest.
– Dawn French’s new book Oh Dear Sylvia. I read it in three days and loved it!
– Air conditioning.
– Holding Ross’s hand while I sleep.
– Taking off my bra at the end of a hot day. Unladylike? Perhaps. However it feels great and I don’t give a toss.
This Jake hat is for sale, so if you like it, he could be yours!
-Getting amazing news and feeling genuinely over-the-moon for the person it involves.
– Making incredible home-cooked curries that taste even better than the ones you get at the Indian restaurant in town.
– Cool showers.
-All the lovely readers who filled in my survey last week. I’ve gotten so much useful feedback, which is brilliant. I truly appreciate you taking the time out to help me.
And finally, this song by The Smiths. So lovely.
What are you loving this week? Leave a comment and share your gratitude and joy! I want to hear all about it!