I can scarcely believe that this is the last Thursday for 2012. Where did that year go? I suppose it’s true that time flies when you’re having fun, and this year was a blast so I imagine that’s why it feels like no time has passed since I last celebrated New Years.
I’m feeling slightly ruminative today, so there’s quite a long list of things I love this week.
– Ross. Honestly, I don’t think that I could ask for a better boyfriend. I feel so blessed to have a partner that is so caring, sweet and hilarious. Living with him this year has been a wonderful experience. There have been a couple of times when we’ve been close to killing each other, but we always work things out and come out on top after a fight. I am so excited to see what the next year has in store for us.
-My family. It’s been wonderful to be able to spend the entire Christmas period with my family this year. The past few years, I’ve only been able to rush home a couple of days before the 25th, so I barely have enough time to spend with anybody. This year, I’ve been able to have loads of quality Christmas catch-up time with my family, which has been so great. I’m so grateful to have had another year where we are all together and able to enjoy one another’s company on Christmas Day.
– Having dinner with friends, and giggling over an episode of Blackadder.
– Misheard Christmas song lyrics. Last weekend, we went to Carols by Candlelight (which was held in the town hall due to bad weather. So we weren’t actually allowed to light candles). My brother burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter when the choir sang “Do you hear what I hear?” Apparently, he’d misheard the lyric, “A star, a star, shining in the night, with a tail as big as a kite”. He thought they’d said, “A tail as mean as a c***”. Needless to say, that song is never going to sound quite the same to me now.
– The Muppets. I’ll never be too old to enjoy them.
– Golden syrup. Seriously, that stuff is like nectar of the gods. Yum.
– Very exciting Christmas presents from blog fans. I’ll share more about this later.
– Experimenting with bright eyeliner.
– Giggling at my cat’s fascination with Christmas tree baubles. He loves to sniff them and then plant kisses all over them. So cute.
These three gorgeous videos:
What about you? Tell me what you love this Thursday. It’s your last chance to participate in Things I Love Thursday for 2012, so leave a comment with your gratitude list!