Oooh, it’s the last Things I Love Thursday before Christmas. There’s only five more sleeps to go until the big day. Here are some of the many things that I’m grateful for this week.
– Blowing off a morning of work to have a cup of tea with my mother. We don’t get to do it very often, so when she invited me over, I jumped at the chance. I’m so glad that I did.
I was so pleased with the end result. It was slightly nerve-wracking, because I had no way of checking whether the cake had turned out the way I wanted until we cut it. Luckily, it looked exactly the way I hoped it would. Ross was thrilled with it too (and it tasted delicious).
– Customers who smile and say “Merry Christmas”
– Gift wrapping. I find it oddly soothing.
– Ross’s boss. She took everyone at Ross’s work, as well as their partners, out for an incredible meal to celebrate the holidays. She’s incredibly generous and according to Ross she’s also brilliant to work for.
– My little cousin Jo. She turned two during the week, and I bought her a big tub full of play food. Upon opening it, she dug through until she found a plastic ice-cream. Then she ran over to her nana, held it out to her and asked “Sprinkles?”
-Our Christmas tree. We finally put it up and I think it looks beautiful:
Ross’s family has a tradition where they always listen to the vinyl of “A Christmas Together” by John Denver and The Muppets while they decorate their Christmas tree. Ross was a bit sad that he wouldn’t get to carry on that tradition this year. I managed to find a copy of “A Christmas Together” on CD, and I ordered it from Amazon. I surprised Ross with it as an early Christmas present. We listened to it while we trimmed our tree, and it really set the mood. I think it will become one of our Christmas traditions.
Here are a few close ups of some of my special ornaments.
What do you love this week, sweetheart? Leave a comment and make it a big one, filled with Christmas cheer!