I’m taking a break from Things I Love Thursday today. I was nominated for Liebster Award by the lovely Danni, and I thought that I would write about that instead of my normal Thursday post.
This award is intended to show appreciation for up-and-coming blogs and encourage bloggers to keep writing. It also fosters connections between bloggers, which is an awesome thing.
This is how it works:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers
So, without further ado, here are 11 random facts about me:
– I am very accident-prone. I’m always running into things or tripping, and I stub my toe at least once a day.
– I have emetophobia, which is an intense fear of vomit.
– Earlier this year, I smoked my first cigarette. It was yucky.
– I have never been overseas, but if I could I would visit England, Malta or Canada.
– I’m a total neat-freak. My boyfriend is not, so that made for some interesting arguments when we first moved in together.
– I collect erasers. I like ones that are shaped like funny things, like ice creams or animals. I haven’t bought a new one in a while though.
– I have two cats, named Jellylorum and Ringo, who are mother and son.
– I am a karaoke queen. It’s impossible to be in a bad mood while you’re singing karaoke.
– I prefer to buy makeup products that give clever names to each colour.
– I have tiny handwriting.
– My favourite colour is red.
Now, onto Danni’s 11 questions for me:
1. If you were graded on life, in what everyday activity would you receive a F?
Doing the dishes. I hate it, and I usually have a teetering pile cluttering up my sink.
2. Fill in the blank: “When I am sick all I want is _____________.”
A warm blanket, a bowl of vegetable soup and a DVD of The Court Jester starring Danny Kaye.
3. If you could make grass any color, what color would grass be?
Hot pink. Just because.
4. What is your favorite season of the year and why.
Summer. I love the fresh fruit, sultry nights and the opportunity to wear loads of floaty outfits.
5. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I was obsessed with it. So much so that I once missed my friends’ birthday party because it clashed with my regular routine of watching it at 4pm every day.
6. If you could make money doing anything in the world what would it be and why?
Blogging! Because I get the opportunity to write about the things I love and interact with awesome people.
7. What celebrity or public figure annoys you the most and why?
Kim Kardashian, because I don’t understand how someone who is so flipping irrelevant can make so much money.
8. What TV game show would you be most likely to win?
Spicks and Specks, which is an Australian music quiz show. When I play at home I always do really well, so I think I’d have a decent shot at winning.
9. Fill in the blank: “I love the smell of __________.”
My boyfriend’s hair, fresh laundry and vanilla.
10. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A lawyer or a hairdresser.
11. What is your favorite animal at the zoo?
The otters, because they’re so funny. I could watch them for hours.
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. If you could have any fictional character as your best friend, who would you choose?
2. What beauty product would you be lost without?
3. What is your favourite flower?
4. What song would you choose as your personal theme music?
5. What was your favourite childhood toy?
6 What is your pet peeve?
7. How do you cheer yourself up after a bad day?
8. If you could re-claim any item you’ve thrown away over the years, what would it be?
9. What is the best costume you’ve ever worn?
10. What is your silliest irrational fear?
11. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
And my nominees are:
Michelle from Creature Type
I cheated a bit because some of these have more than 200 followers! You should jump over and check out some of these awesome blogs though.
Thanks once again to Danni for nominating me. I feel so honoured.