I’m in such a great mood this Thursday. It’s been one of those weeks where everything has just fallen into place and gone really well. Here are some of the things that have made me so pleased these past seven days:
– My blog readers. This month, my blog readership has tripled. I’m getting more and more new readers visiting my site each day. I’ve also sold quite a lot of e-books and received some gorgeous emails from my readers during October. Now, I love writing, and I’d probably still be writing this blog even if nobody was reading, but it is so much more fantastic to have such a wonderful group of people who not only read my work, but enjoy it. So a big thanks to you, gorgeous reader, for all your support and feedback. It really means the world to me.
– Having a day-trip to Melbourne to visit Violet and James and their new puppy, Miss Lottie. I had intended to start my Christmas shopping that day, but instead I wound up spending hours playing with this little fluff-ball. She’s so gorgeous and really, really funny.
-My friend Evan’s Halloween costume. He was Vyvyan from The Young Ones, which is one of my all-time favourite programs. Man, I can’t tell you how many hours I spent watching that program (and incessantly quoting that program) in high school. His costume was so detailed. Even the back of his jacket was perfect:
-Massages that hurt at the time but leave you feeling all wobbly and relaxed afterwards.
– Oolong tea.
– Joanne Harris, the author of Chocolat. She’s fast becoming one of my favourite authors. I recently re-read Chocolat, and it was just as good the second time around. I’m currently reading another book of hers, called Holy Fools, and it’s really intriguing.
– The fact that the rose bushes in my garden are now flourishing. They’d been looking very lacklustre, but during the week I did a lot of weeding and cleared the space around them. I think the weeds were choking them, because now that the weeds are gone, the roses are blooming and our yard smells delicious.
– Finding out that Patricia Quinn, who played Magenta in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, is going to be at Oz Comic Con next year. I couldn’t be more excited.
– Early morning cuddles with Jelly.
What do you love this week? Let your gratitude run wild and leave a comment with your own Things I Love Thursday list.