It’s Thursday again, which means that it’s time to reflect on all the things I’m happy about, all the things I’m proud of and all the things that have made me smile this past week.
This week, I love:
– Finally getting off my butt and booking myself a dentist appointment. I absolutely despise the dentist. Just thinking about sitting in that chair makes me want to curl up under my bed and refuse to come out. However, I decided to be a grown up and book in for a yearly check-up. I figure that not too much can go wrong in a year, and I make a point of going every twelve months. The appointment is tomorrow, and I’ll be glad when it’s over.
– Waking up after a car-nap to realise that I haven’t drooled on myself (like I usually do). Score one for me!
-Treating myself to some new makeup brushes. I noticed that Target had these Nude by Nature brushes on sale for $22, so I decided to snap them up. A couple of my brushes are starting to fall to bits, so I needed to replace them. Also, this set has some brushes that I don’t currently have in my collection. They’ve been mighty handy with all the costume makeup I’ve been doing lately.
– Home-made nachos. So delicious.
-Ringo. I can’t get over how far he’s come this year. In December, he was a tiny ball of nerves, and would barely let anyone touch him. Now, he’s so friendly with Ross and I. I especially love the way that he will come over to me when I’m reading and nuzzle my hand as I turn each page, just to make sure I don’t forget that he’s there. He’s so precious.
-Writing trivia questions for the Halloween party I’m having in a few weeks. I just love trivia, and it’s so much fun to put together questions for my friends.
– Walking home amid a cloud of flower petals floating on the wind.
– In other Lego-related news, did you know that they’re bringing out Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Lego? Well they are, and it’s rad.
-Getting a call from my brother to tell me that he’d just played Mario with Charles Martinet, the man who does the voices of Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi in the Nintendo games. For my gamer-nerd brother, it was a dream come true.
Now it’s over to you! What do you love this Thursday?