It’s been a huge week for me. The weather has been up and down, I’ve caught up with family, celebrated the ninth anniversary of the day I met Ross, done a tonne of work and loads more. I have heaps to be grateful for this week, so it’s time to get down to it.
This week, I love:
-Sunday driving. On Sunday, Ross and I went for a trip to Milawa, which is home to many wineries and an incredible cheese factory.
We ate this enormous cheese platter during our visit to the cheese factory, and it was delicious. The blue cheese was my favourite. Afterwards, we went for a leisurely drive to Beechworth, where we bought lots of lollies at the sweet shop. We rounded off the afternoon by sharing an ice-cream cone and then heading home.
-Finally getting around to seeing The Dark Knight rises. I thought that the movie was pretty great, if a little long. I particularly loved Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman.
– Dipping my toes in little patches of sunshine.
– Spring Cleaning. I’ve been like a little tornado this week, sweeping through the house and tidying everything in my wake. I did a huge clean-out of our linen closet and managed to empty two shelves. I’m beginning to feel a lot more organized.
– Blood plum jam. Mmmm.
– The new season of Dr Who. I thought that the first episode was a bit weak, but after the second, I feel that it’s back on form.
-Milk-maid braids. I popped my hair into these cute braids for the car trip on Sunday, and I’ve decided that I really like the way they look. They’re really sweet and it kept my hair off my neck and face. I can see this becoming a regular style for me over summer.
-Writing guest posts for some of my favorite bloggers
– My workmate, Abbey. She’s such a ray of sunshine and I love working with her.
– The realisation that my mother did the right thing by not allowing me to wear skimpy outfits when I was 12. I shake my head at some of the things that little girls are wearing today, and it makes me very glad that my Mum was a bit stricter about what she’d let me leave the house in (although I wasn’t so thrilled about it at the time).
What do you love this week? Don’t hesitate, leave a comment telling me all the things that are blissing you out this week!