Thank goodness Thursday is here! This means that it’s only one more sleep until the weekend. I can’t tell you how grateful I am for that. This week has been epic.
When I have a really busy week, I find it even more important to list the things that I’ve loved and felt grateful for during the week. It really helps me to keep my head above water when I’m flat-out with work.
This week, I love:
– The Olympic opening ceremony. I don’t like sports. At all. However I adore the opening ceremony for the Olympic games. It’s the only part of the Olympics that I will actually watch. I got up at 6am on Saturday morning to watch the London 2012 opening ceremony, and it was ace. There were giant puppets of Voldemort, the Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook at Cruella DeVil. Rowan Atkinson and J.K Rowling both made appearances. The music and choreography were incredible and I had a huge grin on my face from start to finish. I actually watched it a second time when they re-played it at 2pm on Saturday afternoon. It was awesome.
– Getting fab packages in the mail:
I won a competition over at Kitty and Buck last week, and this was my prize. These gorgeous earrings and hair slides came to me from Miss Evil Kitty. They were beautifully packaged and I was so excited to receive them. I can’t wait to style them (I’ll post pictures, I promise).
– Yesterdays failed jump-shots. I’m still giggling about them
– Baking melting moments on Saturday afternoon, and having them turn out perfectly.
– The smell of Deep Heat
– Super-sweet coffee
– Big doonas to wrap up in while I’m lazing on the couch
– Finishing off the ironing and the dishes in one afternoon, then feeling all smug and organized.
– My boyfriend. He’s such a gem and I feel so lucky to have found someone so incredible. Ross is a one-in-a-million guy.
What about you? What are you smiling about this week? Dandelion clocks? Cleaning out your handbag? Popping bubble wrap? Whether it’s big or small, silly or profound, I want to hear about it! Leave your Things I Love Thursday list in the comments.
This week I am loving my workmates new hair colour – pink and purple! I’m now even more tempted to get my hair dyed purple.
I think once I run out of pink hair dye, I’m going to start dying my streak purple. I love the way purple hair looks.