Welcome to Things I Love Thursday, a weekly feature in which I list all the things that have made me grin over the past week.
This week, I love:
– Sunshine. Not just sunlight, but actual sunshine that warms your skin and your heart. After a week of very wet weather, you can bet that it’s appreciated.
– This cat igloo that Ross’s mother gave to us. It belonged to her cat, Oscar, who has recently decided that he doesn’t fancy sleeping in an igloo. Jellylorum claimed it as soon as we bought it home, but on Monday afternoon, I caught Ringo taking a sneaky nap inside it.
– Having wireless internet that actually works properly. We were having lots of problems with our router, but Ross managed to fix it up. Hooray for tech-savvy boyfriends.
– Finally getting around to filming some video tutorials.
-Camellia blooms. There is a tree in front of our dining-room window that I thought looked like a camellia. My suspicions were confirmed this week when I spied a few flowers starting to bloom. I can’t wait for all the buds to start flowering. Our yard is going to be so pink!
– When things turn out better than you expected. I did some baking on the weekend, and it was a monumental flop. I used a new recipe for ‘coconut shuku-shuku” which are basically like coconut balls. The mixture just wouldn’t bind together, and they were a horrible mess when they came out of the oven. However, Ross’s parents sampled the debris I’d left on the baking tray, and proclaimed them very tasty. So even though my coconut candy was misshapen, it was still delicious.
-Ross’s new lego. This Jabba’s Palace set arrived in the mail on Saturday. Yes, that is a lego Jabba the Hutt you see. There’s also a lego Chewbacca and a lego Hans Solo (frozen in carbonite, no less). It’s totally awesome.
-The Soloist. Ross and I curled up on the couch to watch this on Thursday night, and it nearly bought tears to my eyes. It made me feel so grateful for the life I’ve been given. I’m thankful for the fact that I’ve never had to spend a night sleeping on the street, or fearing for my life, or tossing and turning because the voices in my head wouldn’t let me sleep. It’s a brilliant film.
– Revisiting the third season of Arrested Development. I’m a huge fan of the episodes with Charlize Theron.
– Planning Ross’s birthday party, five months early.
What are you loving this week, sweetheart? Why not take part in Things I Love Thursday by jotting down a few things you’re happy about in the comment section. It’ll put a smile on your dial, for sure!