Thank frick it’s Thursday! For two reasons: firstly, because Thursday is only a hop-skip-and-jump away from the weekend, and secondly, because it’a great opportunity to list all the things that have made me happy this week. I also have an outfit to share with you:
I am wearing:
– Swarovski crystal stud earrings (gift from my parents)
– Maroon jumper (thrifted)
– Blue tartan pinafore (thrifted)
– Black fishnet tights from Leona Edminson
– Black and white oxfords from Rubi
– Scarab beetle ring (gift from my parents)
– Assorted silver rings
-Glasses from Clearly Contacts
I bought this school pinafore to use as a costume. I was planning on dressing as Moaning Myrtle for my Harry Potter birthday party. However, when I tried it on, it was rather snug around the waist, which I reasoned would limit my ability to enjoy all the scrummy party food. So I ditched that idea. I decided to give the pinafore a second chance, by pairing it with a prim jumper, preppy shoes and unusual tights. Needless to say, I thought I looked pretty darn cute!
This Thursday, I love:
-Coming home to find my two cats sharing the bean bag. They don’t normally get along too well, so it was nice to see them sleeping together.
– Watching Disney movies from my childhood. I checked out The Little Mermaid on the weekend and last night Ross and I watched The Lion King. I have developed a minor obsession with Ursula, the sea witch, and I realised that I really hate Ariel. When Ross put on The Lion King, our orange cat, Ringo, plonked himself in front of the telly and actually watched the entire film. It was so sweet. I’ve been humming Disney songs all week as a result of all this movie-watching.
-This random little guy I found in a junk store. It’s a babushka with a moustache! And if that wasn’t strange enough…
It’s full of lipgloss. Very pretty lipgloss at that.
– Home-cooked pumpkin soup on a cold night. Perfection.
-The fact that Ross now owns all three Star Wars films on laser disc. We do not own a laser disc player, nor do we have access to one. He just saw these on Ebay and knew he needed to own them.
– The NY Lean 25 workout. It’s a 25 minute workout that’s super-intense for time-poor people. I downloaded the free workout vid from Youtube this weekend to take it for a test run. I found it extremely challenging. By the end of the workout, my legs were shaking like a five-year-old’s handwriting. If you don’t have a lot of time to exercise, or you don’t want to leave the house to work out, this is perfect for you.
– Kinds of Blue, a fantastic compilation of free online comics about depression. I read it this past weekend, and it moved me to tears. The comics are so honest and bang-on-the-money. I highly recommend you check it out.
What do you love this week? Please feel free to leave your Things I Love Thursday list in the comments.