Good morning to you on this, the last Thursday of Autumn. I have to admit, I’m not the biggest fan of winter. However, I’m determined not to let the change of the seasons get me down, and what better way to counter the dreary weather outside than with a dose of gratitude?
First up, an outfit shot:
I am wearing:
– Pink tufted scarf (gift from Sam)
– White cheesecloth peasant blouse from Fashion Fair
-Teal long-line cardigan from Cotton On
– Brown pants (thrifted)
– Brown mary jane shoes from I Love Billy
– Starry night pendant (thrifted)
– Silk butterfly scarf (gift from Pernickity Pony)
-Silver charm bracelet from Pandora
-Giant pink-stoned ring from The Queen Victoria Markets
– Fleur du Lis ring from Diva
I really love wearing my hair like this. I twisted it up in a couple of braid this morning, and then added the scarf as an afterthought. I’m pretty smitten with the way it looks.
This week, I love:
-Going for a run, then coming home and having my mother arrive with cake not one minute after I’d changed out of my workout gear.
– Ringo, my gorgeous little cat was dreadfully sick this week. He spent Friday throwing up over and over. I was so worried about him. Luckily, he’s made a full recovery and he’s back to his usual scallywag self. I am so relieved that he’s alright.
-Visits to the art gallery. At the moment, the Benalla Art Gallery has an exhibition called Love and War. It’s a collection of stories, clothing, paintings, photographs and mementoes from couples during wartime. It was very emotional, but also truly touching. If you’re going to be in Victoria at any stage over the next few weeks, I’d highly recommend checking it out.
– Going through boxes of stuff from my parent’s place, and unearthing long-forgotten treasures, such as this lovely lady:
This doll was in my bedroom for all of my childhood years. I’m not entirely sure where she came from, but I believe my grandfather might have bought her during one of his many trips to Korea. She’s a bit tattered and battered, but I am so happy to have her in my house again.
-Having the house to myself. Ross went to stay with his sister last weekend, so I had the entire house to myself. It was the first time I’ve spent the night by myself since we moved in together. I have to say, even though I adore living with Ross, it was rather lovely to have the place to myself. I got so much work done and the house has stayed so tidy (Ross is certainly the less-fastidious one).
-Getting shit done.
What are you loving this week, sweetie-pie?