Happy Thursday everybody! This week has been crazy-busy and filled with awesome things. As always though, before we get down to the serious business of gratitude, I’ll share an outfit with you:
I wore this outfit earlier in the week to go on a road trip with my mother. We drove up to Mansfield, which is about forty minutes away from home. It was a lovely drive, and we had a delicious lunch at The Produce Store. We did some shopping and had a good chat. It was wonderful to have the opportunity to spend some quality time with my Mum.
I am wearing:
– Purple knit beret (thrifted)
– Purple and black striped shirt from Cotton On
– Grey undershirt from Target
– Denim vest from Cotton On
– Blue swirl earrings (handmade by my aunt)
– Butterfly brooch (thrifted)
– Purple floral gypsy skirt from Glassons
– Brown boots (gift from a friend)
– Assorted rings.
This week, I love:
– Figuring out what to do with my diplomas. I will be getting them framed soon, but I still haven’t decided where they should hang once they’re done. I’ll probably put them in my office. For now though, I’ve been using them to re-enact the scene from The Wizard of Oz where the Scarecrow gets his brain.
– Coming up with an awesome idea for a birthday present for my Dad.
– Planning my own birthday, which really isn’t too long away at all (scary).
– Taking extreme close-ups of my cats. Ringo particularly loves having his photo taken.
– Watching The Muppets with Ross. I’ve been waiting anxiously for this gem of a movie to come out on DVD, and this week, my wait was over. I’ve already watched it twice (which means that I’ve seen it four times this year). There might be something wrong with me.
– Encouraging my mother to try Indian food for the first time. It was a huge success.
-Potato and leek soup with a dollop of sour cream and a crusty baguette.
-Opera cake. Mum and I shared this for dessert when we went to Mansfield. It was so rich that, between us, we couldn’t finish it. It was jolly nice though.
– The discovery that The Mighty Boosh is not the best thing to watch while doing my yoga workout. I frequently laugh so hard that I lose my balance.
-Sunshine on my skin.
– Catching up with Sam for hugs.
What are you loving this Thursday? I’d love to hear about all the things that are making you grin and giggle this week, so hop to it and leave a comment.