Welcome, one and all to the very first Things I Love Thursday on my new blog! How exciting. Let’s get started with an outfit. I’ve been on a bit of a vintage kick at the moment, and this dress was the perfect way to satisfy my 70’s cravings.
I am wearing:
– Black floral 70’s dress (thrifted)
– Brown boots (gift from a friend)
– Silver “Love” ring (thrifted)
– Amethyst ring
– Fleur du Lis ring from Diva
– Snake ring from Diva
– Paisley bangle (thrifted)
– Assorted silver bangles (belonged to my aunt).
– Black cotton tights from Target
-Black corset belt (gift from Ross)
I am a huge fan of this dress. I especially adore the billowy, sheer sleeves. In spite of it’s blowsy appearance, it’s actually quite heavy and hot to wear, so much so that I found it a little unbearable in summer. Now that Autumn has hit, it’s perfect. I had great fun flouncing to the library in this baby.
This week, I love:
– My new electric toothbrush. I ummed and Ahhed about whether to get one for ages, and I finally bit the bullet this week. I wish I’d done it sooner, because my teeth have never felt cleaner. It also has a nifty little timer, so you can’t skimp on your brushing time.
-Ross. So many times this week, I’ve looked over at him and haven’t been able to stop my face from exploding into a grin. He’s wonderful and I am so grateful to finally be able to live with him.
– Chunky, clunky rings
– Coming home from the library with a stack of lovely books, including one called The Elements of Personal Style. It looks fascinating.
– Planning my outfit for Free Comic Book Day. Last year was my first one, and I didn’t dress up. This year, I’m going the whole hog.
My costume is going to be something that all these films have in common. Ross is dressing up too, and you can bet there’s going to be all manner of foul language and uncoordinated dancing on Saturday.
– Having dinner with my parents.
– The Avengers. Ross and I went to see it last week, and it totally blew me away. If you haven’t seen it yet, do so asap.
What do you love this Thursday?