I can’t believe that Thursday is here already! This last week has positively flown by.
I’ve been doing a few retro-style outfits this past week. On Monday, my look was 60’s flower child, Tuesday’s had a distinct 1920’s flavour and today I’m taking my inspiration from the mods of the 1960’s.
I took a whole mess of photos this morning, and this is the only one where I don’t look cranky. When I don’t smile, this heavy eye-makeup makes me look like a bit of a sour puss.
I am wearing:
– Denim dutch-boy cap from Ice
– Black camisole from Target
– Black opaque tights from Razzamatazz
– Red mini skirt from Supre
– Black and red striped cardigan from Cotton On
– Black beaded earrings (made by my aunt)
This week, I love:
– My brother. It’s his birthday today, and he’s 22.
– Thinking up creative alternatives to swear-words.
– Facials and massages. My parents gave me a gift voucher for the local beauty parlour for Christmas, and yesterday I put it to good use. I have a facial and a neck massage and it was lovely. I still have four visits left on the voucher too!
– Painting my nails.
-These Bunsen and Beaker cufflinks I bought for Ross as an anniversary present (on Monday, we will have been together for eight years).
– The television show Misfits. It’s awesome.
– Being gifted with six seasons of How I Met Your Mother, and listening to “It Was The best Night Ever” over and over.
-Our lovely new couch. I’ve never been a fan of leather couches, because I despise the way they stick to your legs. But I love this one. It couldn’t be more comfortable. (Jelly approves).
– 1920’s fashion. I’m on a total flapper binge this week. Expect some posts soon about 1920’s fashion and makeup. Possibly hairstyles too (although they’re complicated, so I’d have to do photo-tutorials)
-Comic room progress. Ross finished sorting out this bookshelf last weekend.
-Earl Grey tea.
What are you loving this week?