I hope that you are all having a wonderful Thursday so far. Today I’ve got a lunch date with Ross’s mum. She and I are going to eat lunch and watch The Help. We’ve both been hanging out to see it for ages, so I really hope that it’s good.
Yesterday, I wore my super-duper op-shop pants. I bought these pinstripe pants last week at a thrift store for just $4. I have been looking for a nice pair of high-waisted pants for a while, and these fit the bill. I adore the little button detail that they have down the sides. The best part about them is that they are the most perfect fit. They are even the correct length, which is amazing. I’m quite short, so I usually have to have my pants hemmed before I can wear them. Not these though, they’re exactly the right length. I couldn’t be happier.
I am wearing:
– Black pinstripe pants (thrifted)
– Empire Records tee from Pulp kitchen
– Black snakeskin Nine West heels (thrifted)
– Black beret from Target
– Balck beaded ring (gifted)
– Amethyst ring.
– Silver rope bracelet.
We caught up with Ross’s parents last night. When his mum saw me, she exclaimed, “Oh, Vanessa, you look very forties today!” To which his father replied, “That’s pretty rude, you know Vanessa’s only in her twenties”. Chortle.
This Empire Records tee always makes me happy. It’s fun to wear something that alludes to an obscure interest of yours, because when you finally meet someone who recognises the reference, they’ll fawn over you and you’ll become instant buddies. Bonding over common cult interests is like friendship cement.
This week, I love:
– Golden syrup dumplings.
– Libraries. I visited the local library on Tuesday and came home with a gigantic stack of books and movies. Bliss
– My new reading chair. Ross’s parents kindly gave us this beauful chair that belonged to his grandmother. It’s the perfect shape for curling up with a book. All the better for sitting in to work my way through my mountain of library fare.
– Watching Ringo play.
– Visits from my baby cousin Jo.
– Making outlandish Valentines Day plans.
– Bunson and Beaker
– Listening to The Dresden Dolls while Ross and I do the dishes.
-Getting up early on Sunday morning to go to church.
– “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not”.
– Getting breakfast in bed.
– The Fifth Element. I finally saw that film this week and I adored it.
-Lofty plans for convention costumes.
What are you loving this week, lovely-locks?