Happy Australia Day to you all! I feel kind of odd today, because I don’t normally celebrate Australia Day. You see, my grandmother’s birthday also happens to fall on January 26, so we tend to spend the day celebrating with her rather than marking Australia Day. Today is the first time in my life that I haven’t seen my Nana for her birthday, so it feels a bit weird. I’m celebrating Australia Day quietly.
I’ve got a fun, fresh outfit on today. I’m really embracing my promise to Mandie to wear more shorts. I’ve worn shorts at least once a week every week this year so far. The first few times was pretty daunting, but I have to admit that I’m starting to love wearing them. Here’s today’s outfit:
I am wearing:
– Floral satin tank top from Jeans West
– Black shorts from Valley Girl
– Amethyst ring
– Hair chopsticks (gifted)
– Teal mother of pearl bangle (thrifted)
-Swarovski crystal necklace (gifted)
– Green mother of pearl earrings from Avon.
And now: Things I Love Thursday!
This week, I love:
– Australia. I’m so grateful to live in this wonderful country. Being an Australian gives you so many privileges and rights that most people in the world don’t have, and I’m truly thankful for that.
– Sucking every last drop of goodness out of my last two days in Melbourne.
– Vaccuuming up the epic quantities of dust that had accumulated under my bed and desk.
– Andy Kauffman
– This awesome street art I came across while I was in the city on Tuesday. This foxy witch is located just outside Centre Place, off Collins Street
– The smell of sunscreen.
– Silly cats. We built a fort for Jellylorum out of the couch cushions last night, and she was so happy about it that she slept in there last night:
– Ringo. He’s such an adorable little creature. He’s settled into the house really well. I am feeling very nervous about moving in two days, because I think he’ll have a meltdown. He hates going in the car and he’ll probably be traumatised by having to settle into a new place. I hope he’s alright.
What are you loving this week, my lovelies? C’mon, speak up, sing your gratitude loud and proud!