Greetings to you on this gorgeous Thursday! Is it just me, or is it still a bit strange to write ‘2012’ whenever you write the date? I haven’t quite gotten used to the fact that we’re now well into the new year.
This Thursday, I love:
– Having time to catch up with my lovely friends before I move away. So far this week, I’ve had a shopping date with my friend Mandie, brunch with my mate Tom and lunch with Violet and Jimmy. I’ve got several more catch-ups planned over the weekend, and I can’t wait. I’m going to miss being able to see these people whenever I want.
– Mocktails. Mandie and I went to TGI Friday’s and treated ourselves to some decadent mocktails. I can’t remember what these were called, but they had lime and cranberry juice and were the perfect way to refresh on a scorchingly hot cay.
– Cocktails. Tom treated me to going-away drinks yesterday at The Toff on Swanston Street. We sat on the balcony and sipped obscenely huge cocktails in the sun. I felt very posh, until I tried to stand up and realised I was nearly too squiffy to walk down the stairs. I had a Wonderland Fizz, which seemed remarkably similar to a Mint Julep, but with passionfruit pulp. It was divine.
– Kermit-green nail polish. This particular shade is called Tahitian Lime, and it’s an Ulta3 nail varnish.
– Cool baths on hot nights.
– Mao’s Last Dancer. I read the book about a year ago and loved it. I was a bit nervous to watch the film, in case it wasn’t as good. I checked it out the other night, and I loved it. The dance scenes are especially breathtaking.
– Teaching my housemate about Edie Segwick.
– Being able to vaccuum previously untouched sections of my floor, after my parents collected my desk and bookcases last weekend.
– This picture of Henry VIII as a cat that Sam drew for me as a going-away present.
What are you loving this week, sweetheart?