Happy New Year to you all! I’m back again, ready to take 2012 by storm. I’ve got so many brilliant things planned for this year, and I just can’t wait to get stuck into a bunck of new projects.
I don’t normally get too excited for New Years’ Eve. The very thought of travelling into the city to be pushed around by sweaty crowds, drink overpriced beverages and then struggle to get home again isn’t really my idea of a good time. I usually celebrate in a very low-key manner. This year, my gorgeous friend Mandie came to my house, and we whiled away the evening playing dress-ups, drinking champagne, re-hashing our bad 90’s hairstyle choices and oooh-and-ahhing over some illegal neighbourhood fireworks. It was the perfect way to ring in the new year.
This is what I wore to welcome 2012:
I am wearing:
– Teal spangled top from Tree of Life
– Denim cut-offs which I made out of a pair of Cotton On men’s jeans
– Black sequinned heels from Rubi shoes
– Silver bangles (courtesy of my aunt)
– Gold chain belt (gifted)
– Black and gold chopsticks in my hair from Sportsgirl.
– Black beaded earrings (handmade by my aunt).
Back view. I adore the cross-over detail on this top.
Today I’m wearing something cool and breezy. It is positively sweltering in Melbourne, and I’ doing my best to remain inside, doing quiet activities and drinking bucketloads of water.
I am wearing:
– Silk kaftan, which was a Christmas present from my parents
– Black cotton camisole from Target
– Black cotton leggings from Target
– Gold heels from Rubi Shoes
– Amethyst ring
– Glass bangle (once belonged to my grandmother)
– Teal mother of pearl bangle (thrifted)
– Gold bangle (once belonged to my aunt)
– Silver bangles (were also my aunts’)
– Pink chandelier earrings (gifted)
– Dragonfly hair clasp (gifted)
I am head-over heels for this kaftan. It is lighter than air and the colours are amazing. I imagine that I’m going to get a lot of wear out of it. When I unwrapped it on Christmas morning, my mother said, “I thought you could use something cool to wear around the house. Obviously, you wouldn’t wear that down the street”. Like hell I wouldn’t! I’m going to wear this baby everywhere: to the supermarket, to karaoke, to ride the bus, to do my laundry. There’s no way I’d save something this lovely just for wearing inside. The very thought is ludicrous.
I’ve been doing a bit of thinking about New Year’s resolutions as well. Generally, I don’t like them because everyone expects to fail at their resolutions by the second week of January. However, I can think of a couple of things that I’d like to accomplish this year:
– Take advantage of living closer to my family by spending plenty of time with them, doing awesome things.
– Turn our new house into a lovely new home, and be a fantastic live-in-girlfriend.
– Make time to travel to the city often.
– Be more frugal with my spending, and not buy so many little crappy things. I’d rather save up to buy big, lovely things that won’t fall apart within five minutes.
– Spend more time outside.
– Make my blog bigger and better than ever this year.
I hope you all have a brilliant 2012! Do you have any new year’s resolutions?