Hello everybody! How are you this fine Thursday? I hope that the week has treated you well so far. Even if it hasn’t at least the weekend is now in sight. If you’re feeling a little blue, why not pop on your thinking cap and come up with a couple of things that you love this Thursday? It always makes me feel better when I’m down in the dumps.
This week, I love:
– My friends and family. This week marked the one-year anniversary of the death of my grandfather. I recieved so many messages of love and support from my friends. My family banded together and marked the day with a dinner in my grandfather’s honour. Sadly, I wasn’t able to be there, because I had to stay in Melbourne for work, but I’m proud of how everybody dealt with a very difficult day. Thankyou to everyone who sent their love, I truly appreciate it.
– Planning my yearly Halloween party. This year is going to be bigger and better than ever. My housemate, Sam, loves all things creepy, spooky and kooky, and she’s had some excellent ideas for costumes, games and decorations. We’ve got loads of guests coming and there are going to be prizes for the best costume and also the best scare. It’s going to be an awesome night!
– Weddings. Ross and I went to a wedding on the weekend, and it was so beautiful. The groom was one of Ross’s best friends from primary school, and the service was simple and very elegant. Everything, from the flowers to the bridesmaids’ dresses to the music had been carefully chosen and were beautiful. The couple had written their own vows, and the celebrant told stories about how the couple met, the things they love most about each other, and how their love has grown. It was a truly personal and magical day, and I feel so lucky to have been a part of it.
– Tim Burton.
– Op-shopping. I got this super-cute top at Savers the other day, and I adore it:
It’s a little chilly to be wearing it without a cardigan over the top right now, but when summer hits, it’s going to be just the ticket.
– Writing, furiously and all the time. It’s truly my passion.
– Daylight savings.
– Building my awesome lego set. I finished the Ollivander’s store in my Diagon Alley set this weekend. Here are a couple of pics:
The Ron Weasley minifigure is my favorite.
– Getting shit done. My brother is coming over tonight so we can do our tax together. Joy!
– Donating a bunch of my old clothes and books to charity.
– The new season of Dr Who. I can’t wait for the finale. It looks like it’s going to be a doozy. I think the episode “Closing Time” is my favorite so far this season, as it marked the return of one of my favorite characters from the series.
What are you loving this week, sweetie-pie?