Happy Thursday ladies and gentlemen! I hope you’ve had an utterly splendid week. Now it’s time to jump on the Gratitude Train! First stop- Happyland!
This Thursday I love:
– Lego. I picked up my Diagon Alley lego set off layby on Friday, and I’m so happy about it. I’ve had it on layby for about three months now, so it was a huge relief to finally have it in my hands (although lugging it home on the bus was a bitch). Ross and I started building it this weekend, and so far I’ve nearly finished one of the stores. The set comes with three shops- Borgin and Burkes, Ollivander’s wand shop and Gringott’s Bank. I can’t wait until it’s finished, although then I will have to solve the problem of where to store it.
– Having conversations with Ross that are made up entirely of Metalocalypse quotes. I do a mean Toki Wartooth impersonation.
– Having the house to myself. This week, Sam went away on holiday to Tasmania, so I had the place to myself for a couple of days. Even though I adore living with Sam, it was nice to have a bit of space for a while. There are things you can do when you have the place to yourself that you can’t do when anyone else is around. Like singing at the top of your voice, eating ice-cream for breakfast or watching loud telly late into the night (it’s true- I revert to a five-year-old when left alone for long periods of time).
– Having Sam back from Tasmania. It got rather lonely without her here. Plus, she brought me back a slab of fudge and some delectable raspberry soap. Seriously, best housemate ever.
– Doing a quick windmill in the bathroom to give my hair extra volume before heading out for the day.
– Hokey Pokey ice-cream. Toffee chunks in caramel ice-cream. It’s like heaven in a tub.
– Deliberately mispronouncing the word ‘tapas’ for comic effect.
– The success of Dress Up For The Heck of It Day. Well done to everyone who dressed up last Saturday! I’m planning on having another in a couple of months, so stay tuned.
– Having lunch at TGI Friday’s with my parents. Chicken quesadillas for the win!
– Walking to the shops in the sunshine, eating lunch on my back porch in the sunshine, in fact, just sunshine full-stop. I’m loving this gorgeous spring weather.
– Storms. Melbourne has had a very rainy couple of days, and it’s been wonderful. I adore a good storm.
– Watching Jelly chase a ball of tin-foil about the house for hours.
– Savers’ Halloween sale. I bought a bunch of awesome stuff to use for my costumes for Halloween and Armageddon later this month. My Halloween costume is going to be fab, particularly for all you Dr Who fans out there!
– Eating breakfast with Ross.
What do you love this week, lovely-guts?