Today is my 25th birthday! I can scarcely believe that I’m now a quarter of a century old. It’s not even eleven o’clock, and I’ve already had a wonderful day. I have loads of stuff to love this week, so hold on to your hats.
-Speaking of hats, the first thing on my list is this fez:
I have wanted a fez for as long as I can remember, but my resolve to own one strengthened considerably when Dr Who proclaimed that they were ‘cool’. This morning, I unwrapped one of my very own, as a present from my gorgeous housemate.
This is what I’m wearing on my birthday:
I am wearing:
– Fez from Sam
– Black and white striped cardigan from Cotton on
-Alice in Zombieland teeshirt from Threadless
– Hot pink skinny jeans from Jay Jays
– Black and white sneaker boots from Valley Girl
– Owl ring from Cotton On
– Amethyst ring
Other things I’m loving this week:
– My parents. They called me this morning to wish me happy birthday and they’re coming to the city to see me this weekend. I can’t wait.
– My brother. Mick is taking me out to lunch today, which is super-sweet of him. He and I went out last night too, to a screening of the film he made for his short film class. It was excellent and I’m so proud of him. Not only did he do a bunch of editing, but he wrote and performed all the original music for the film. I can’t stop gushing about it.
– Ross. Seriously. I couldn’t ask for a more fantastic boyfriend. Not only is he smart, funny and really creative, he’s also the sweetest guy on the planet. He and I are going out for a delicious dinner tomorrow night, and I can’t wait to see him.
– My housemate. This morning, I woke up to a chocolate birthday muffin, and a treasure hunt to my gifts. Sam had bought me so many gorgeous gifts: the aforementioned fez, some play-doh, a colouring book, a stuffed puppy (in leiu of a real one), a massage voucher and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on DVD. Also, candy. She’s a delight to live with and one of the most wonderful friends a girl could ask for.
– All the friends who sent me cards, text messages and facebook greetings this morning. It’s been wonderful.
– Jellylorum. Jelly woke me up at 4am this morning by licking my hair. She’s barely left my side all day, and has given me the loveliest cuddles. She’s wearing a special sequinned collar in honour of the day:
– Bubble baths and trashy magazines.
– The prospect of a massage and a facial this afternoon. Bliss!
– My Nana. She sent me the sweetest birthday card and I got all teary-eyed when I opened it this morning. I hate being away from her on my birthday, especially seeing as how this is my first birthday without my grandfather. She and Pa always made a huge fuss of us on our birthdays when we were growing up, and they’ve carried on the tradition even though all the grandchildren are adults now. She’s so funny and loving and I just adore her.
– Waking up to the strains of the Beatles “Birthday” blaring from the stereo.
– The outfit that I wore out last night, which caused Sam to say, “you look so goth today, and that’s a huge compliment from me!”
I am wearing:
– Black satin dress from Target
-Black bodysuit from Remember Me
– Black tights from Razzamatazz
– Black patent leather heels from Nine West
– Silver pendant
– Onyx ring
– Amethyst ring
– Black handbag from Strandbags
– Black gloves (vintage).
– Planning my birthday party, which is in another two weeks. I can’t wait.
That’s all from me today. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will catch you tomorrow.