Brrr! I am freezing here in Melbourne this week. The sky is grey, it’s spitting rain and it’s very cold. Never mind, though! I’ve put together a list of grin-inducing tidbits that are making me grin this week.
This is what I’m wearing today:
I am wearing:
– Yellow batik scarf (handmade by me)
-Quartz crystal earrings (made by my aunt)
– Black bell-sleeve top from Kmart
– Wooden bird brooch from Wayward Designs
– Earth-toned maxi dress from Remember Me (worn as a skirt)
– Grey suede Tony Bianco booties (thrifted)
– Amethyst ring
– Red leopard print ring from Diva
– Silver squiggle ring
– Turquoise ring
– Snake ring from Diva
– Jade ring
I really love this dress, but it’s far too cold to wear it in winter. I chose it because I adore the colours in the skirt and also because the fabric is light and soft and it has lots of movement. I really wanted to wear it today, so I just rolled down the bodice of the dress and tucked it in. Instant maxi-skirt!
This Thursday, I love:
– Getting wonderful feedback from readers who’ve been inspired by Nessbow’s Guide To Developing Your Personal Style. It’s selling like hot-cakes, and I haven’t heard a bad word yet. It’s wonderful to know that so many people are feeling inspired to run out and start re-vamping their look. When I wrote The Guide, I hoped that it would boost people’s confidence and give them the push they needed to start dressing the way they want to, and it seems that’s exactly what’s happening. I couldn’t be more pleased.
– Lying in bed with my cat, the electric blanket and a Marilyn Monroe film.
– Piling rings onto my fingers.
– This article which talks about how Captain Jack Sparrow is a fashion icon. I couldn’t agree more.
– Bento boxes with gyoza and sukiyaki beef. Mmmm.
– Random slices of chocolate cake from friends.
– Planning imaginary joint birthday parties with Johnny Depp and Michael J Fox.
– Singing loudly to the Team America soundtrack.
– This article about how much Carrie Bradshaw’s life would actually cost. I was rolling on the floor laughing.
– Reading on the bus.
– The way that my dad tries to catch objects that appear to be floating by when we go to see a 3D movie.
– Lovely pizza men who smile at you even when you answer the door in trackies and ugg boots.
– BB cream. This is my new favorite beauty product. There will be a full review on this in a few weeks, I promise.
– Ross, always.
What about you gorgeous? What’s putting a smile on your dial this week?