It’s a very cold and dreary Thursday here in Melbourne. It seems as though winter has hit early. Yesterday was just 13 degrees and today it’s 15 degrees and pouring with rain. I’m not a fan of the cold weather, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t find a bunch of things to love this Thursday.
This is what I’m wearing today:
I am wearing:
– Black bodysuit from Remember Me
– Purple gypsy skirt from Glassons
-Denim vest from Cotton On
-Gold pocketwatch (as brooch). This was a 21st gift from my parents
– Purple crocheted beret (thrifted)
– Amethyst ring
– Black and white pinstripe socks
– Black and wood platforms from Nova
– Paua shell earrings (gift from Ross’s parents)
This Thursday, I love:
– Attending a group interview for a brilliant job. I hope that I don’t jinx myself by saying this, but I think I went ok. The group was massive and there were some absolutely gorgeous ladies there, which made me very nervous. I felt older than everyone and frumpily dressed. I had gone for a clean, professional look while every other girl in the room had tried for high fashion. I’m hoping that my dazzling personality was enough to convince the managers that I’m quite a catch.
– Finding a cold and flu medicine that does the job. I don’t normally take cold and flu meds because I’ve never found one that really makes me feel any better. However, I have now found a great cold mixture that seems to work for me. It’s been keeping my nasty cold at bay while I’m busy with other things.
– Gloves. I’ve been rocking some fun gloves this week, and they’ve been keeping my fingertips toasty warm. They’ve also gotten me quite a few compliments.
– Caramel cupcakes. Mmmm, they’re transcendent. Perhaps even groin-grabbingly transcendent.
– Tucking Jelly into my bed so she can stay warm while I’m not home.
– Ross, for helping me to answer endless practice interview questions this week. He’s been so patient with me.
– Icky Thump by The White Stripes and Pearl by Janis Joplin. These have been spinning on my CD player all week.
– Reading while wrapped in a blanket and sipping hot chai tea with a sprinkling of brown sugar.
– Narrowly avoiding getting rained on.
– The new series of Dr Who. I’m blown away, and I can’t wait for the next episode.
– My housemate’s Eric Cartman impersonation.
– Cleaning. I know, I’m a huge dork, but I love the way it feels to walk around my freshly cleaned house.
What about you gorgeous? What are you loving this week?