It’s been a really great week in my neck of the woods. If I’m perfectly honest, the last few Things I Love Thursday posts have really left me scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas, because things having been going so great for me lately. I’m still job hunting, and working super-hard at uni, plus I haven’t seen Ross in weeks and I miss him like crazy. This week, things have started to turn around. I have loads to smile about, and I’m grateful for that.
First of all, an outfit post:
I am wearing:
– Black and white striped bodysuit from Factorie
– Black harem pants from Remember Me
– Black and white striped stilettos from Steve Madden
– Red graphic necklace (gift from the lovely Sarah).
– Red leopard print ring from Equip
– Amethyst ring.
This week I’m loving:
– Launching Nessbow’s Guide to Developing Your Personal Style. I worked so hard writing and perfecting it, and I’m so excited to release it out into the world. I’ve been getting some really positive feedback from it as well, which is great. If you haven’t got your copy yet, you can purchase it for just $5 by clicking the button on the sidebar. Hop to it!
– One of Ross’s workmates, for taking some of his weekend shifts so that Ross can head to Melbourne to visit me. I’ve never even met this guy, but I’m convinced he might just be an angel.
– Messages from Ross that say, “I liked your outfit today”.
– Watching My Name is Earl with my housemate, while we’re both huddled under fuzzy blankets, drinking tea.
– The royal wedding. I had intended to sit at home and watch it, but after about an hour of watching randoms climb out of cars, I got bored. I went out to karaoke instead. I caught the highlights when I got home though, and I thought it was a lovely ceremony. Kate looked so beautiful and I loved the look on William’s face when he saw her for the first time. I did, however, think that their balcony kiss was a little stilted. They looked like two little kids who had been dared by their mates to kiss.
– A sign I saw on the weekend that read, “Kate loves Willy!” It made me laugh.
– Getting super massages (which I can’t really afford, but sometimes you just have to treat yourself).
– Discussing Princess Beatrice’s awful hat with my nana. Her reaction? “What was she thinking? That thing looked like it had a mind of it’s own!”
– Listening to The Boat That Rocked soundtrack at top volume.
– Singing so loudly at karaoke that I had a sore throat the next day.
– Having my cat climb under the covers of my bed to sleep.
– Discussions about American food and the pros and cons of Pop Tarts
– The little boy who always calls out “You look pretty today!” when I walk past his kindergarten in the morning.
– Dutch Spice biscuits.
– Homemade vegetable soup and pumpkin risotto. I am queen of the kitchen this week.
What about you lovely? What’s are you loving this week?