This morning I was up with the birds (or perhaps with the worms. If the early bird catches the worm, does that mean that worms get up earlier than birds?) because I had a Centrelink appointment to attened. Blerg. It did go rather well though, so I can’t complain.
I am wearing:
– Blue, white and red headscarf (thrifted)
– Black and white pinstripe trousers (thrifted)
– Black and white Converse hi-top sneakers
– White long-sleeved top from Face Off
– Amethyst ring
– Silver pocket watch from Rose and Mr Brown.
– Silver playing card pendant from Diva.
This week I’m loving:
– The royal wedding. Everyone else seems to be down on the royal nuptuals, but I’m going to shirk the cool kids and admit that I’m actually kind of excited. I love a wedding, and a royal wedding is kind of like a real-life fairytale (if Prince Charming had a bald patch and there were thousands of crazy photographers covering his wedding to his slightly toothy betrothed ). It shouldn’t come as a surprise that I’m pretty keen to check out the outfits at Westminster Abbey tomorrow night. There’ll be hats and frocks a-plenty!
– Conversing with the awesome Centrelink employee about books and Vanessa Redgrave.
– South Park episode 806- Goobacks.
– Warewolf Bar Mitzvah
– Re-visiting hideous 90’s fashion. I feel a rant coming on!
– Anzac biscuits dipped in Chai tea.
– All Star Comics in Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
– Trying to think up couple-costume ideas for another convention later this year. I want to go as Jay and Silent Bob. Ross doesn’t seem enthusiastic.
-Realising that I am so comfortable with the Melbourne public transport system that I no longer feel crippled with fear whenever I hop on a bus. I used to be terrified that the bus would take me to some weirdo place that I didn’t expect to wind up in, or that I’d get on the wrong bus. Now, I enjoy my bus ride, feeling confident that I’ll reach my intended destination, and if I don’t then at least I know what bus I need to catch to get home.
– Cat sneezes
– Watching the special features on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
– Making makeshift belt loops out of safety pins:
These pants were a hand-me-down pair, and when I tried them on I realised that they were a bit baggy around the hips. I didn’t worry about it too much, because I thought I could just throw on a belt to keep my pants up. However, I didn’t realise at the time that these pants don’t have any belt loops. My housemate suggested using large safety pins, and it’s working a treat.
– Cooking with Ross, and giving him all the difficult vegetables to cut up.
– Realising that there’s only six weeks until my birthday! I have loads of planning to do. I haven’t even decided what I want to do for my birthday yet. Suggestions are welcome.
– Creative swearing.
– The Clerks soundtrack.
– The Plan Pony:
Mandie drew him for me three years ago, and he’s graced my fridge ever since. I love him.
– Giggling at my own jokes.
– Stripey toe-socks.
What about you sweetheart? What are you loving this sunny Thursday.