can’t believe that March is almost over already, and that April is nearly here! We’re already a quarter of the way through the year, and in so many ways I feel as though it”s just begun. I kind of feel as though I’d like to hit the ‘pause’ button on this year, just to give myself a chance to get my breath back.
I’ve been wearing some pretty OTT outfits in the last couple of weeks, and I thought that I would dial it down a notch, just for a change of pace. I read this lovely article about Parisian style, that unfussy, simplistic way of dressing that leaves one looking effortlessly chic. I decided to take that look for a test drive today.
I am wearing:
– Black bodysuit from Remember Me
– Red miniskirt from Supre
– Black ribbed tights from Target
– Nine West snakeskin stilettos
– Chanel handbag
– Amethyst ring.
Here are a few of the many things that I’m loving this week:
– Getting a chance to meet up with people that I haven’t seen in ages.
– Sleeping in on the weekends.
– Ordering a vegetarian breakfast with sausages on the side.
– Getting emails from friends that read “You’re a funky ball of tits from outer-space, just thought you should know”.
– Doing yoga in the afternoons, to work out all my desk-sitting aches and pains.
– Getting the ethics proposal for my psychology project done and dusted. My group worked really hard to get this finished, and I am so proud of the progress we’ve made. I’m looking forward to actually conducting the experiment now.
– Filling pages and pages in my journal while sitting cloistered in the library. It feels so cathartic to pour your feelings out in a big, messy tangle of words.
– Sweet-as-pie houseguests
– 30 Rock. I know this show has been about forever, but Ross and I only started watching it on the weekend. I’m having withdrawals this week.
– Mystery Men. It’s silly, it’s funny and Hank Azaria’s in it. What more could you want from a movie?
– Cabaret-inspired manicures.
– Knowing that I’ve got an awesome birthday present for my housemate. I’m also planning a fairly special cake for her.
– Epic moustaches.
What about you gorgeous? What are you loving this week?