Wednesday can be a pretty dull day. It’s been a couple of days since the weekend, there are still a few more days to go before you can kick up your heels and it can sometimes feel like you’re stuck in limbo. Here are a few suggestions for those of you who need to shake off your mid-week sluggishness.
– Go out for dinner to a restaurant you’ve never visited before. If you’re feeling really brave, try a type of food that you’ve never sampled, like Vietnamese, Afghan or Moroccan.
– Take yourself out to the movies. It can be a little daunting to rock up to the cinema on you’re own, particularly when there are couples milling about, holding hands and slurping coke from the same straw, but never fear. Buy yourself a little tub of popcorn and pick a movie that you’ve been wanting to see for ages. You can enjoy it in solitude without wondering if your date is falling asleep or having your viewing experience interrupted when they try to snog you in the middle of the action scene.
– Style your hair into the most fantastic, elaborate hairdo you can think of. Marie Antionette-style pompadour? Cornrow braids? Punk mohawk? Whatever takes your fancy.
– Dig out some of your CDs from your teen years and listen to them while bouncing around your bedroom. It’s guaranteed to bring on a huge hit of nostalgia, and the bouncing is great exercise.
– Write a secret note to your housemate or lover. Leave it somewhere they’ll happen upon it and try to keep a straight face until they’ve unearthed your secret message.
– Plan your birthday party. It doesn’t matter if your birthday is months away, it never hurts to be prepared.
– Go to the grocery store and buy a pile of ingredients. Spend the evening whipping up a culinary masterpiece. Then take the leftovers to work for lunch tomorrow.
– Clean out your handbag. Dump everything out, clean the insides and then carefully arrange everything back inside again.
– Try your hand at some nail art. There are loads of different designs out there, and most of them aren’t too tricky. Be creative and come up with your own unique masterpiece and put it on your digits. Nail art is a great way to express your creativity, and because your hands are always on show, you’ll get loads of compliments.
– Run a huge bubble bath, and languish in the warm water while sipping a cocktail of your choice and reading a deliciously exciting book.
– Round up some friends for a board game. Serve chips and soft drink and split into teams for maximum fun.
– Plan a gorgeous outfit to wear tomorrow. Be brave and select something that you’ve been dying to wear for ages, but haven’t had the guts.