Today’s Things I Love Thursday will not be accompanied by the traditional outfit shot. I’ve come down with a rather nasty cold, so I’m slobbing about the house in jeans and a jumper and no makeup. It’s comfy and warm, but I figured you guys didn’t want to see pictures of me with a drippy nose and pillow hair. I consider it a public service.
Despite being sick, there are plenty of things to make me smile this week, such as:
– Having an extremely successful op-shopping trip on Sunday. I got three lovely warm jumpers for winter and a nice new handbag.
– Homemade pumkpin soup with loads of pepper.
– Going over to my brother’s new flat for dinner. He made meatloaf. I did the dishes. It was awesome.
– Planning an epic costume for Supanova this year. It’s all ready and I want to wear it every day, but I can’t.
– Surprise packages in the mail from dear friends.
– Getting into my first preference group for my Psychology project. That’s right, I’m doing an actual psychological research project, with science and everything.
– Bunny ears and black lipstick:
– Seriously misinterpreting a scene in The Social Network and having everyone in the room laugh at me.
– Girls wearing immaculate red lipstick and brogues on the bus.
– Roald Dahl. I can’t wait until my little cousins are old enough to appreciate his genius.
– Mint green french manicures
– Late-night naan bread deliveries.
– Daria. It’s the perfect thing to watch when you’re not feeling well.
– Vicks Vaporub.
Now it’s your turn. What’s making you grin maniacally this week?