This week has been a whirlwind of appointments and running about. However, it’s been nice to be so busy. There hasn’t been a cloud of stress hanging over me to the same extent as the past few weeks. I’ve had plenty of time to organize all the things that I’ve needed to do and I’ve still had a chance to indulge in some things I enjoy, which is a bonus.
This is what I’m wearing today:
I am wearing:
– Green crocheted Dangerfield cardigan (thrifted)
– Cookie Monster “Me ❤ Carbs” tee shirt from Jay Jays
– Black and white mini skirt (thrifted)
– Black zipper leggings from Rubi
– Teal beaded flats from Target
– Silver rings
– Silver earrings (thrifted)
– Blue plastic bangle (thrifted)
This week, I’m love:
-Ross. He and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary on the weekend and it was awesome. We had made some elaborate plans, but they fell through, so we wound up heading to our favorite diner in our formal gear for burgers and Dr Pepper. I am so lucky to have a boyfried who is so supportive and laid-back. He’s a legend and I love him to bits.
– Orange eyeshadow. I decided to experiment with some orange hues after reading this post from The Fashionate Traveller. It was a bit scary at first, but once I saw how the orange makes my eyes look insanely blue, I was totally converted.
– Japanese food. Ross bought this book called The Japan Diet at the end of last week, because a book store that I like is closing down and their prices were super-duper cheap. I wanted it because it was full of great Japanese recipes that I wanted to try. The book has some really sound advice about how to change your attitude towards food, and I’m actually enjoying reading it. I’ve eaten Japanese food practically every day this week, and I’m hooked. I’m planning on trying to make my own sushi this weekend.
– Nude manicures. Because sometimes, it’s nice to have a bit of a break from bright polish which requires loads of maintenance.
– My housemate, who asked me to do her makeup for her for an event later this week. She told me that she wants to wear a button with my URL on it, so that if anyone compliments her makeup, she can refer them to my site. She’s such a sweetheart.
– Dewey by Vicki Myron. It’s a book about a gorgeous stray cat who is adopted by a library in Iowa. I will write a proper review once I’m finished it, but suffice to say I’m loving what I’ve read so far (although one part nearly made me burst into tears on the bus).
– Show tunes. This week my stereo has been pumping out the soundtracks of Cabaret, Cats and Sweeny Todd, and I’ve been dancing about like a maniac.
– Bubble beards
– Jellylorum, who is enjoying the cold weather about as much as I am, and seems to have appointed herself as my personal fuzzy hot water bottle.
– That the Melbourne Comedy Festival starts soon! I can’t wait!
– Dr Who marathons.
– Run Fatboy Run. If you haven’t seen this film yet, rent it immediately! I was rolling around laughing as we watched. I’m a total sucker for anything with Simon Pegg and Dylan Moran, although it was hard for me to watch Hank Azaria play a villain.
– Grocery shopping. There’s something about browsing the shelves, and coming home with a bag full of delicious goodies that gets me all in a tizz. The only part I don’t like is carrying all the food home. I don’t have a car, so I walk pretty much everywhere, which is tricky when you’re trying to lug home a week’s worth of food.
– Looking at old photos.
Whew! Lots of love to share this week! How about you chicken? What’s making you grin like a maniac this Thursday?