It’s been a pretty rough week. Things that I never anticipated have thrust themselves upon me like a bunch of uninvited party guests and I just have to deal with the mess they’ve left behind. I’m soldiering on though. Even though life has guzzled the vodka from my fridge and spewed on my couch cushions, I still have plenty to be thankful for this week.
This week I love:
– Ross. He honestly is the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. He’s called me every single day during his lunch break to check how I’m going, and has sent me a bunch of cute messages as well. He gave me a million and one hugs on the weekend and didn’t mind that I just wanted to spend our Valentines day watching Dr Who and eating ice-cream. He’s awesome and I’m so lucky to have him.
– Finally releasing my fanzine. I’ve been working on it for ages, and it’s so nice to throw it out into the universe. Check out my etsy store to grab a copy for yourself.
– Gala Darlings’ Radical Self Love workshop. Although I didn’t participate in the workshop live, I finally got a chance to watch the recording of it this week. Wow. It really gave me some stuff to think about, and I’ve been diligently doing my radical self love homework each day. It’s put me into a really great head-space this week, when I needed it most.
– Realising that I’m much tougher than I ever could have imagined.
– My dog, Ella, has a boyfriend! His name’s Buddy and he gives her kisses whenever she walks by his gate.
– Play Doh. I’ve got this can of hot pink play doh on my desk, which I like to squish when I’m feeling stressed out. There’s something about the smell of play-doh that’s so comforting.
– Dharma and Greg.
– Finding theme songs to give me a boost when I need a jolt of confidence. My favorites at the moment are:
This Year by The Mountain Goats
Look Good in Leather by Kody Chesnutt
What Ya Waiting For? by Gwen Stefani
I’m On My Way by the Proclaimers
Grace Kelly by Mika
– My outfit today:
– Cream chiffon scarf (thrifted)
– Red and White striped shirt from Cotton On
– Navy pencil skirt from Country Road
– Black and white plastic bangles (thrifted)
– Black opaque tights (Sheer Relief)
– Red ballet flats from Steve Madden.
I felt so cute.
– Helpful people that I’ve met during my job-search.
– Surprise phone calls from my Nana
– Ralph Wiggum
– The massage chair Ross bought me for Valentines day. It’s seriously awesome.
– Sam, for letting me turn her into Magenta for Rocky Horror night.
I hope this week has been kind to you. What’s been putting a smile on your dial?