I can’t believe that I forgot to do Things I Love Thursday yesterday. It honestly is one of my favorite parts of the week, because it really helps me to focus on all the good things that are going on around me. You’ll have to forgive me that, this week, TILT will be taking place on Friday.
This week I love:
– travelling home to see my family.
– A surprise Cornetto at the end of a crummy day.
– Seeing my nephew William, who is growing so big. He’s such a cutie. We went for a picnic a few days ago for my Nana’s birthday, and he had a brilliant time, wriggling about in the grass and giggling at everyone. We took him to this lolly store and I thought his eyes were going to bug out of his head. It was adorable.
– Wearing red from top to toe:
I also tied the end of my braid with a ribbon off the top of the bottle of Bailey’s Irish Creme I got for Christmas.
– Planning a cross-country trip with Ross in a couple of weeks. I can’t wait.
– Cleaning out my wardrobe. I feel so organized now.
– Beginning an exciting new project.
– Jelly-cat. I was only away for two days, but she nearly ate me alive when I arrived back at home yesterday:
– Weather that is neither hot nor cold, but somewhere perfectly in between.
– My Nana giving me two gorgeous crystal bead necklaces. She hasn’t worn them in years and she gave them to me because she said she knows I will actually wear them. She told me she wanted them to see the light and be worn, rather than just sitting at the bottom of a drawer until she’s dead. I think that’s fair enough. Beautiful things deserve to be worn, often and proudly.
– Hot Fuzz with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. If you haven’t seen it, do it immediately.
– Lemon Lime and Bitters Slurpees from 7-11.
– Finding an old mood ring that I had thought was lost forever.
– Mr Ross. Today, tomorrow and forever. He’s brilliant.
– The fact that my new housemate and I have transcended the need for speech, and seem to have developed the telepathic power to determine when the other needs a cup of tea.
– The little girl on this odd British television program I saw, who said “People smell like what they do the most. That’s why Grandpa smells of forgetfulness”.
What about you gorgeous-face? What’s hella good in your world this week?