Today is Melbourne Cup Day, which is the one day of the year that I have a little flutter and put a bet on the horses. Traditionally, Melbourne Cup Day is associated with fabulous hats and fascinators. It was pouring with rain today, and I had to study, so I decided to opt for big hair instead of a hat.
I am wearing:
– Purple and black long-sleeved top from Cotton On
– Green slash-back tee from Today
– Black shorts from Valley Girl
– Black fishnet tights from Sportsgirl
– Purple skull socks
– Green and white beaded necklace (Chapel Street Bazaar)
– ROCK knuckleduster ring
– Amethyst ring
– Leather studded cuff.
I put a few dollars on Once Were Wild to win the Melbourne Cup, but I wasn’t very successful. My horse was out in front for most of the race, but I think she tired herself out too early, because she wound up coming about last. It was pretty disappointing. I hope that some of you guys had better luck than I did!