This is what I wore to do the housework, listen to a lecture, go grocery shopping, work on a presentation and chase Jelly around the house:
I am wearing:
– Black beret from Target
– Queen of Everything shirt from Supre
– Black and white striped bodysuit from Factorie
– Pink pencil skirt from Supre
– Black stockings from Coles
– Black and silver boots from Savers
– Onyx and mother of pearl teardrop earrings (thrifted)
– Amethyst ring
I have been wearing my glasses practically all week. I usually wear contact lenses, but between the windy weather, piles of reading and staring at a computer screen for most of the day, my eyes have started rebelling against them around lunchtime each day. For the time being, I am giving my eyes a little rest, and sticking to glasses, which is fine.
I went to work yesterday, and everything was trucking along well, until my supervisor called me into her office. I was sweating bullets, and trying to remember if I had made some massive cock-up that I might be having to account for. When I came inside, all she had to say to me was “I just wanted to tell you that I love the way you dress. I look forward to seeing what you have put on each day”. I immediately melted into a puddle of relief on the floor. I am really, really enjoying my work at the moment. I had always worried that working in a law firm would turn me into a drone, with a grey suit and no personality. It is so refreshing to find a workplace where I can be completely myself and get complimented on it. Lovely.
Here are some other things that are making me go “squee!”
– Watching Alice in Wonderland with Jelly, and spending the rest of the day calling her “Jelly-wock”
– rescuing my washing just in time before it started pouring with rain.
– Aldi’s raspberry yogurt. It’s so creamy and wonderfully cheap. Aldi is the best place for shopping on a budget, as long as you don’t mind not being able to properly plan what you are going to buy ahead of time.
– My new Superman PJs
– Having people say “I love your hair like that”, when I have run out of the house after ripping a comb through it and throwing on a hat.
– Jelly meowing every time I call out “Anyong!”
– My nana. She is just super cute.
– Jumping for joy when I see that the weather forecast predicts seventeen degrees for Melbourne on Saturday! It’s been cold for so long, and I am looking forward to some warmer weather at last.