It’s cold, wet and windy in Melbourne today, so I thought it would be the perfect day for a vampire-inspired outfit. I love this ensemble. It’s a little bit Morticia Addams and a little bit Narcissa Malfoy.
I am wearing:
– Black slip dress (thrifted).
– Black corset (thrifted)
– Cotton On black long-sleeved top
– Dr Martens boots.
– Red beaded choker (gifted)
– Amethyst ring
– silver ear cuff (gifted)
– Fleur du lis ring
– chunky silver ring.
I find that wearing a dark, slightly gothic outfit like this makes me feel a bit mean and tough. I get cranky with people walking slowly in front of me who won’t get out of the way and I throw dirty looks at people who are staring at me. Perhaps this is a good reason why I shouldn’t dress this way very often.
Here are a few musings that I have been having lately:
– Melbourne pedestrians have to be quicker and hardier than regular pedestrians. This is because in Melbourne, drivers seem to regard footpaths as overtaking lanes or parking bays. Pedestrian crossings seem to be merely a place for pedestrians to begin to cross, and then dodge the cars that speed through the crossing. I nearly get run over on a daily basis walking to uni. I don’t know if this happens in other cities, but it’s a big problem here.
– It is officially cold. I know this because my cat has taken to sleeping in the bed with me, under the covers, and meows loudly if she gets uncovered throughout the night.
– People should have to get a licence to operate a pram. I got rammed in the ankles twice today by woman pushing toddlers in prams.
– Vegetable samosas are the best food ever.
– I’ve been listening to the White Stripes’ “Icky Thump” an awful lot lately. I can’t get enough of track 4- “Conquest”. It’s my song of the week.
– thermal underwear is awesomely effective. I am no longer ashamed at having bought it. It’s amazing how much of a difference one little garment can make. If you feel the cold as acutely as I do, I recommend picking yourself up a couple of singlets or long-johns.