Happy Australia Day everyone! I hope that you marked today by doing something Aussie. If you haven’t it’s not too late! You could…
– Watch Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and sing along.
– Make a sausage sandwich and eat it on the verandah while watching the sun go down.
– Listen to Men At Work’s “Land Down Under” and scream out the “Vegemite Sandwich” line.
– Drink a beer and then blow on the neck of the bottle to make a tune.
– Do your best Crocodile Dundee impersonation.
– Use a phrase like “Ya flamin’ Galah” or “Strewth!” (y’know, those things that are supposedly Aussie, but that no actual person really says).
I went to a BBQ today and had a great time. I ate some delicious food (lamb kebabs= awesome), met some new people and had a long conversation about the finer points of American confectionary.
(For some reason, this skirt makes me do my “girl on top of a cake” pose)
Today I am wearing:
– pink butterfly applique singlet from Target
– Beaded pleated skirt (thrifted)
-Pink bow kitten heels from Williams
– Pink silk flower hair clip
– Amethyst ring
– Silver square ring
– Diamente earrings.
I hope that this has been a great Australia day for everyone. I feel so proud and so lucky to be an Australian.