Things I Love Thursday 11/10/2012
Happy Thursday! If you’re new here, Things I Love Thursday is a weekly post where I talk about all the things that have made me feel happy during the week. It’s the perfect way to show some gratitude for the good things in your life. Taking part in Things I Love Thursday is also a perfect way to pull yourself out of a slump, or find the silver lining in a crappy week. So let’s get started, shall we?
This week I love:
- No Doubt’s new album, Push and Shove. I have been a massive No Doubt fan since I was eleven years old. I had a massive girl-crush on Gwen Stefani, and I would copy her quirky style at every chance I got. I received a copy of Tragic Kingdom for my twelfth birthday, and I would listen to it over and over. It’s been years since No Doubt released an album, so you can only imagine my excitement when I found out that a new album was due for release in September this year. I bought a copy of it last weekend, and it’s been spinning on my stereo ever since. I adore it. The first song, Settle Down is flippin’ awesome. It’s hard for me to pick a favourite song from the album, but if I had to, it would be Looking Hot, the second track. One More Summer is also pretty sweet.
- The way that my cat Ringo decided to go into hunter mode to protect me from an imaginary flock of seagulls when I was watching The Birds earlier in the week. As soon as he heard the television squawking, he leapt into action, ninja-ing all over the lounge room, looking for the birds. It was pretty cute.
-Gingham shoes with lurex socks. I got a three-pack of these socks from Target for $5, and I’m in love. There’s a black pair that I like wearing with my brogues and then pretending that I’m Michael Jackson.
- Couch-snuggles with Ross while a scary movie is playing on the television.
- Surprise mail! Earlier in the week, I was tidying up a pile of mail on my table. There was a rolled-up magazine that had been sent to the wrong address. When I unrolled it to re-address it, a letter for me fell out. It was from one of my favourite lecturers from uni, and it was filled with happy news and best wishes. It was the loveliest surprise.
-Crocheting. I’m totally hooked on it. I made some really cute fingerless gloves on the weekend. Now that I’ve got my hand in, I’m ready to try a more adventurous project. I just loved this bobble blanket pattern from The Nearsighted Owl, so I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve finally gotten the hang of the bobble stitch, and it’s coming along nicely. I’ve made it wide enough for Ross and myself to snuggle up under it, and I reckon it will be the most perfect movie-watching blanket. However, it’s taking me so long to get it going that by the time I finish it will probably be way too hot to need a blanket at night! Oh well.
*Edit*: The bobble blanket is now complete! You can see pictures of my finished blanket here.
- Playing around with some makeup for a tutorial. I’ve re-created the makeup look of my all-time favourite female character. Can you guess who it is? The tutorial will be live tomorrow
How’s your week been? What do you love this Thursday? Feel free to jump right in and leave a comment telling me all about it!