Things I Love Thursday 4/10/2012
It’s time for my very first Things I Love Thursday for October. It’s been such an awesome week, that I don’t even know where to begin telling you all about it.
This week, I love:
-When fantastic things happen to my good friends. I’ve had so many phone calls, messages and visits from friends all bearing good news. I feel so pleased that the universe is smiling on so many of the people who mean so much to me.
-Pumpkin soup and toast for dinner.
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling. At the beginning of this year, I made a pact with myself that I wouldn’t buy any more books. Now that I’m living a short walk away from a great library, there’s really no reason for me to buy books. My bookshelves are overflowing with volumes in paperback and hardcover. Plus I reasoned that I shouldn’t be spending money on books when I could get them from the library for free. This week, I had to make an exception, when J.K Rowling released her new book The Casual Vacancy. Not only do I adore Rowling’s writing style, but I was far too excited to begin reading this book to wait around for several months while my name crept up the library waiting list. I have only read a few chapters, but I’m already hooked. It’s VERY different from Harry Potter, but it has all the hallmarks of Rowling’s storytelling: cheeky wit, fantastic characters and beautifully rendered setting. Although I was very shocked when J.K dropped a C-bomb within the first thirty pages. Naughty!
- Having dinner cooked for me three nights this past week by Ross. I do love cooking, but sometimes it’s so nice to take a break from it.
- Playing around with cool makeup looks for Halloween.
-Deciding to hold a Halloween party this year. Ross and I had debated whether or not we would throw a party from Halloween 2012. Although I love Halloween, I’ve had shocking luck with parties this year. Every time I’ve held a party since I left the city, none of my friends can be bothered heading to the country to attend. So each time, I’ve felt a bit lonely and disappointed. However, we finally bit the bullet and decided ‘fuck it, we love Halloween!” Even if nobody comes to this one, Ross and I will have an awesome time (and we have already had a few RSVPs, which is good).
- Going for a drive to the craft store and buying a massive stash of rainbow-coloured yarn and new crotchet hooks. I have a million projects swirling about in my mind that I can’t wait to start!
- Sparkly socks
- The fact that we’ve only needed to switch the heater on one night this week. The nights certainly are getting warmer!
-My standing coffee-and-cake date with my mother on Thursday afternoons.
What’s making you smile this week? Share your gratitude and happiness by leaving a comment with your own Things I Love Thursday list!