This week has been all about slowing things down and taking it easy. I did a digital detox on the weekend (just wait until you hear about THAT!) and it was quite an eye opener. I’ve been making an effort to bring more focus to the things that are important to me and jettison some of the habits that aren’t serving me well.
This week I love:
- Getting back into reading. I love to read, but over the past few months I haven’t been able to concentrate long enough to read more than a few pages at a time. But this week I’ve been bitten by the reading bug and I’m ripping through the A Dance with Dragons. It’s epic.
-Finding this cute mug at the op shop. It was just fifty cents and I was drawn to the earthy pottery and the gorgeous flowers. It’s been my go-to mug for my afternoon coffee.
- Buying from small retailers and being rewarded with kind words and grateful smiles. And awesome purchases.
- My Dad’s laugh. It’s so booming and joyful, that it makes me just beam every time I hear it.
- New rings. I mentioned in yesterday’s post that I inherited a few rings from my Great Aunt Anne and I thought that I would show you a couple more. This one is emerald and it’s so lovely. There is another ring in the collection that’s identical except with sapphires instead of emeralds.
When I first saw this ring I freaked out a bit because I thought it might have been carved from ivory or bone, but on closer inspection it’s just resin. My grandmother told me that she and her three sisters each received one of these rings as a gift from their father. Each one was a different colour. Grandma thinks she still has hers somewhere, but she’s going to have a hunt for it. This ring is about seventy years old, and the carving on it is so intricate and beautiful.
- Slippery, silky pajamas.
- Evening walks when the air is just starting to cool off after a hot day.
-Taking close-up pictures of Miss Jellylorum. She’s so pretty. I just love the markings on her face.
-And then twenty seconds later snapping this picture. She’s so awkward sometimes!
What do you love this week?